For the past 3 years, the public outcry over brutality and extortion, carried out by ‘SARS’ police officers on Nigerian youth, continued to fall on deaf ears of the government.
Techpoint Africa maintains that there is no justification for such extrajudicial activities at the hands of those who are supposed to protect the citizenry.
#Nigeria: The government announced SARS will be dissolved. Protestors vowed to continue protests to end police brutality and impunity.— Anonymous (@YourAnonCentral) October 11, 2020
There is scepticism that the announcement may be a ruse. #EndSARS #EndSARSNow #EndSARSBrutality #EndSarsProtests
Report: https://t.co/UCs5QVg7jE pic.twitter.com/ZtJbUbFESu
This is why we stand with everyone, home and abroad, who participated in peaceful protests over the past week.
Techpoint Africa also endorses the #5for5 message which demands:
- Immediate release of all arrested protesters
- Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families
- Setting up an independent body to oversee the investigation & prosecution of all reports of police misconduct (within 10 days)
- In line with the new Police Act, psychological evaluation & retraining (to be confirmed by an independent body) of all disbanded SARS officers before they can be redeployed
- Increase police salary so that they are adequately compensated for protecting lives and property of citizens.
For minute-by-minute updates on the #EndPoliceBrutality movement, visit endsars.com.https://zp-pdl.com/fast-and-easy-payday-loans-online.php https://zp-pdl.com/online-payday-loans-cash-advances.php http://www.otc-certified-store.com/asthma-medicine-usa.html https://zp-pdl.com/online-payday-loans-in-america.php
Jan. 11: Bonus Built in Africa episode: Building global products with African design, a discussion
On March 25, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship. Location: Fourpoint by Sheraton, V.I. Lagos
Report: Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Get a free overview and 50% purchase discount here.