The Acting President of Nigeria Professor Yemi Osinbajo inaugurated the Nigerian Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Council yesterday at the presidential villa in Abuja.
— Presidency Nigeria (@NGRPresident) May 30, 2017
The council, which will be chaired by Yemi Osinbajo himself, consists of 35 representatives of the public and private sectors including Flutterwave CEO Iyinoluwa Aboyeji and CEO of Jumia Nigeria Juliet Amamah.
The Nigerian Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Council will be pivotal to the formulation and monitoring of policies to accelerate Nigeria’s industrialization bid.
He was at the just concluded Techpoint Inspired conference where he spoke on the hurdles, challenges and everything that makes a startup tick.
Iyin is an influential member of the budding tech ecosystem in Nigeria and his inclusion on the council has hopefully given the industry a physical presence in the presidency.
Other members of the council are:
- Acting President,Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (Chairman)
- Minister, Industry Trade and Investment, Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah (Vice-Chairman, Public Sector)
- Minister of State, Industry, Trade and Investment, Mrs. Aisha Abubakar (Alternate Vice-Chairman, Public Sector)
- President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote (Vice-Chairman, Private Sector)
- Chairman, ANAP Business Jets Ltd, Mr. Atedo Peterside (Alternate Vice-Chairman, Private Sector)
Private sector members
- Chairman, Nigerian Breweries and PZ Cussons Kola Jamodu
- Chairman, BUA Group Abdulsamad Rabiu
- Chairman, IVM Innoson Group of Companies Limited Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma
- GMD, Chi Foods Nigeria Rahul Savara
- Chairman, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc John Coumantarous
- CEO, Emzor Pharmaceuticals Mrs. Stella Okoli
- Country Head, Olam Mr. Mukul Mathur
- President/CEO Beloxxi Industries Limited Mr. Obi Ezeude
- MD/CEO Fidson Healthcare Plc Dr. Fidelis Ayebea
- Founder, Flutterwave Mr. Iyinoluwa Aboyeji
- President & CEO, GE Business Operations Nigeria Mr. Lazarus Angbazo
- CEO, Jumia Mrs. Juliet Anamah
- CEO, SecureID Nigeria Ltd Mrs. Kofo Akinkugbe
- Chairman/C.E.O, AMMASCO International Limited Ado Mustapha
- Chairman, KAM Industries Kamaldeen Yusuf
- Chairman, United Textiles Plc Adamu Atta
- Chairman Candel Corporation; CEO Swift Networks Mr. Charles Anudu
- Chairman, Rumbu Sacks Nigeria Limited Ibrahim Salisu Buhari
- Chairman, Tofa Group Mr. Isiaku Tofa
- MD/CEO Proforce Limited Mr. Ade Ogundeyin
- President, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria Dr. Frank Udemba Jacobs
Public Sector Members
- Minister for Budget & National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma
- Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun
- Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh
- Minister for Power, Works & Housing, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola
- Minister for Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi
- Minister of State, Petroleum Resources Dr. Ibe Kachikwu
- Minister for Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi
- Minister for Science & Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu
- Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele
Technical Comittee Members
- Economic Adviser to the President Dr. Yemi Dipeolu
- Trade Adviser/Chief Negotiator Amb. Chiedu Osakwe
- MD, Bank of Industry Mr. Waheed Olagunju
- Exec. Director/CEO, Nigerian Export Promotion Council, Mr. Olusegun Awolowo
- Executive Secretary, Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission Ms. Yewande Sadiku
- Statistician-General, National Bureau of Statistics Dr. Yemi Kale
- CEO, Economic Associates Dr. Ayo Teriba
NEW REPORT: Nigerian startups raised $28.35m in Q2 2020; only about 4.5% of that came from local investors. Find out more in the full report.
Introducing the Built in Africa podcast, which spotlights African startups, innovators and everything that makes them tick. Listen and subscribe here.
Techpoint Build 2020 is holding virtually in August. Register free now to attend.