Exciting opportunities are here at your fingertips. Scan through them and do not hesitate to apply for the ones that suit you most.
The Collective Global Accelerator 2018 in London
The Collective Foundation presents an exciting opportunity for ambitious and young social entrepreneurs to participate in a fully-funded 4-week global accelerator programme in London next summer. The programme is open to applicants from around the world. The Collective Global Accelerator covers all costs for participants.
- You are between 20 and 35 years old.
- You run an organization in the start-up phase (0-5 years old) — either for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Start-ups or communities must be already up and running.
- Start-ups working on creating stronger communities in cities, through stronger human connection for better health and wellbeing, better education and fairer opportunities and contributing to a circular economy.
- Learn from experts in London how to develop your business, build your brand, increase your impact and become a better entrepreneur.
- Get matched with a personal mentor, an entrepreneur or leader in your industry, with whom you will set your personal goals and aspirations.
- The Collective Foundation sponsors all participants’ stay during the programme.
- Get access to the world-class network the Collective that will help you get the right connections you need to propel your startup forward.
How to apply
You may visit the website to commence your application process. Deadline is January 10, 2018.
Itanna’s call for investment in fintech startups ($120,000)
Honeywell Group and the African Economic Revolution Fund (AERF), have joined forces to launch a new innovation space for Lagos – due to open in February 2018. A surprising, if not interesting play by one of Nigeria’s most well-known corporates, the move sees a new dynamic emerging between the more traditional African business model, and the Nigerian start-up ecosystem. Honeywell, known for its ability to pivot and stay current, has now decided to invest further in tech, innovation and entrepreneurship, by creating a space in Lagos that will house 10 cohorts on a 5-month cycle. Each cohort will receive $20,000 initial funding, as well as access to the AERF and Honeywell Group networks. The top 2 graduates will also be able to access another $100,000 investment.
- 5-month programme starting mid-February in a collaborative community working space
- $20,000 investment from Honeywell Group and AERF in all participants
- $100,000 investment from Honeywell Group and AERF in the top 2 graduates
- Introductions to and guidance from Honeywell Group key decision makers
- Hands-on advice from the AERF experts
- Mentoring from leading entrepreneurs and industry experts in Africa
- The opportunity to pitch your business to Honeywell Group and AERF’s networks of investors
How to apply
Application is open from now till mid-January. Visit the website to apply immediately.
Bincom’s free PHP/MYSQL training
If you are considering delving into PHP/MYSQL programming, Bincom ICT solution is offering a month free training opportunity. During this period, you’ll be taken through the core application development training curriculum in a Montessori approach. Students, fresh graduates, corpers are eligible. To understand the PHP/MySQL in enough detail along with its simple overview, and practical examples. The Training will give you enough ingredients to start with the base from where you can take yourself to a higher level of expertise.
- Applicants should read and understand the basics of HTML, CSS, MySQL and PHP before you attempt to apply.
- Preferably, applicants should use “W3schools” as their starting point.
- Have a strong desire for IT
How to apply
Interested applicants may visit the website to apply. Deadline is January 26, 2018.
AfricaConnekt.org is an innovation platform that gives young African entrepreneurs a space to share their ideas, collaborate with their peers, and receive mentoring. The second AfricaConnekt.org Competition is now on, and your company could win funding. All you have to do to enter the competition is create an account, submit a video explaining your business or idea.
How to apply
Visit the online platform to apply.
Digital Africa startup challenge 2018
For more information and to apply for this challenge, head to the website.
Microsoft “Dream, Build, Play” Contest for Game Developers 2017
The Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge is pushing game makers to maximise their creativity and create experiences that engage gamers from across the world. This competition is open to all creators, working solo or in teams of up to seven. Create a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) game for one of the categories below by December 31, 2017, and you’ll have a chance to win cash prizes and share your game with the world.
To participate, entries must fall into one or more of these categories:
- Cloud-powered game ($100,000)
- PC game ($50,000)
- Mixed reality game ($50,000)
- Console game ($25,000)
For more information on eligibility and to apply, visit the website immediately. Registration ends December 31, 2017.
Editor’s note: Are you launching any opportunities? Tell us about it by filling this form.
On January 27, 2018, we will be hosting Techpoint Build — our biggest event yet — in Lagos. Here’s an opportunity to meet investors and get free technical, legal and marketing advice for your startup or business. You can register now to attend.For exhibition booth booking and sponsorship opportunities, please email [email protected]
Want more stories like this? Subscribe to the Techpoint Africa Newsletter.
Girl … with a pen. Content Creator.