Discover some interesting tech job vacancies this week. Be sure to apply for roles you are interested in as soon as you can.
Web/Mobile Developer at Jostpay
Job type: Full Time
Location: New Oko-Oba, Lagos.
Application deadline: January 22, 2018
- Developing new websites and web-based & mobile applications
- Modifying and maintaining existing websites, and mobile applications
- Application vulnerability testing and security enhancement
- Documentation, application prototyping, and algorithm development
- Application deployment
- GUI and other related tasks
- Proficiency and experience database administration; MySQL
- Proficiency and experience in the use of CMS and MVC frameworks; CodeIgniter, Laravel, MongoDB, Node.js, Joomla, WordPress
- Proficiency and experience in mobile development platforms for Android and iOS
- Application and Network Security
- Proficiency in ASP.NET will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a seasoned Application Developer
- Have at least a portfolio of 5 completed website/web application projects and 2 completed mobile applications
Send CV and Portfolio to [email protected] if you are interested in this role. Salary is 210,000 NGN per month.
Graphic Designer at Contec Global Infotech Ltd
We are looking for a creative Graphic designer with up-to-date knowledge to interpret our client’s needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of products, including websites, books, magazines, product packaging, websites, exhibitions, corporate identity etc. and you will cooperate with our designers and sales team.The goal is to get the clients’ message across.
- Cultivate a solid body of work
- Take the design “brief” to record requirements and job needs
- Schedule project implementation and define budget constraints
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stylists, executives etc.
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry-leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
Interested in this role? Send CV to [email protected] to apply.
Technological officer at KiaKiaGas
Application deadline: March 2018
- Responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development
- Manage the long-range direction of technology planning and development.
- Establishes, communicates and maintains corporate technology architecture for production technology systems, and ensures that the architecture can support the growing and changing needs of the business.
- Strategy and planning
- Implementation and deployment
- Operational management
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Must be able to understand in-building wireless network projects, floor plans, site surveys and the fundamentals of testing.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and best practices with program and project management experience.
- Network deployment and site build experience.
- Experience managing web application development.
- Experience with startup companies.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
- Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
Social media manager at Contec Global Infotech Ltd
- Responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
Send CV to [email protected] to apply.
Android / IOS developer at Boxplay
Job type: Contract
Application deadline: January 25, 2018
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Test mobile applications
- 0-3 years experience in developing Android and iOS applications.
- Below 27 years
- Proficient in the development of Android and iOS applications
- Knowledge of video streaming platform development
- Ability to work with cloud storage, DRM.
- Ability to integrate payment gateways, compression tools. You must also be creative.
- Work experience or established apps in the app store is an added advantage
Send applications to [email protected] if you are interested in this role. Applicants should include a brief introduction, the role they are applying for, CV and link to their portfolio if available
Looking to fill any vacancy in your company/organisation? Tell us about it by filling this form
NEW EPISODE OUT! Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa
NEW REPORT: Nigerian startups raised $28.35m in Q2 2020; only about 4.5% of that came from local investors. Find out more in the full report.
Writer. Interested in EdTech and tech careers