Following the recently concluded Lagos startup pitch battle that had Personal doctor app, Kangpe qualify for Seedstars World 2016, the Seedstar startup selection continues this Sunday, August 21st in Accra, Ghana to pick the next African startup to pitch at the 2016 World finals.
- Transforming Education Prize – which will award the best startup in the education space from around the world with a prize of over $50,000 and;
- Intel Solutions Challenge – which will award the best startup in Hardware, IoT, Cloud and Analytics.
Here are the 10 startups pitching in Accra:
- HQ Renewable Tech: A startup dedicated to bringing dead and neglected solar and automotive batteries to life.
- GoSun Stove: A startup developing clean, safe and practical fuel-free cooking technology to feed the world, while bolstering energy independence and social equity.
- Krinotech Solutions: A web and native mobile application that helps users save and invest money while making regular calls from their devices.
- Chalkboard Education: This company offers plug-and-play mobile learning solutions that work on any device and without an Internet connection.
- Swappaholics: Enabling individuals and businesses to connect and swap products and services in a social setting without the need for money.
- Cocktail Insights: A social media analytics and marketing tool enabling eCommerce businesses and merchants maximize the returns of their social media marketing.
- SynCommerce: Provides an effective and easy to use tool to manage and synchronize inventory and orders across multiple sales channels.
- TECHAiDE: An all-in one content delivery system that uses low-power and durable devices that reaches low-income, Internet free places in the World.
- Landmapp: This startup offers affordable land rights documentation for smallholder farmers and builds accurate data profiles to broker additional services.
- Nubian Oryx: Low-cost, low-carbon urban housing in African cities using sustainable earthbag building technology.
The startups will pitch during a closed door session at Impact Hub Accra for a chance to represent Ghana at the Seedstars World finals where a grand prize of $500,000 will be awarded to the winning startup.
The Seedstars World event in Accra will take place between the hours of 4-9PM on Sunday, August 21st, tickets are free and registration is compulsory.