As a small business owner in a pandemic-ridden world, finding ways to adapt your business to the new normal — social distance, remote work, and tech adoption, among others — is important if your business will survive.
This is all the more important in Nigeria given the peculiarities of the SME space, one of which is funding.
While few businesses have found ways to use these new and emerging tech tools to solve everyday problems and grow their businesses, several others still struggle to adapt.
This is why at SME Clinic 2021, seasoned entrepreneurs will be teaching SMEs how to sustain their businesses using technology, with training including bookkeeping and managing your online business.
In addition to the training during our last edition in 2020, we gave grants to some SMEs. This year, in conjunction with First Bank of Nigeria — the official banking partner for the SME Clinic 2021 Grant — we will give 5 SMEs ₦100,000 each.
Eligibility and how to apply
- Your business should be a micro or small enterprise.
- Your business must be operating in Nigeria.
- You must attend SME Clinic 2021 physically (if you have not registered, do so here).
Applications close on August 17, 2021. Apply here.
Please note the following:
- There are limited spaces available due to COVID-19 restrictions, so physical attendees have to buy their tickets online and register ahead of time.
- Online tickets are also available and can be bought at any time, with no restrictions.
- Physical attendees must come for the event wearing their face masks.
- Date: Saturday, August 21, 2021.
- Venue: Zone Tech Park, Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Time: 8 a.m to 3 p.m.