When we speak opportunities, we speak funding, exposure, growth, acceleration and more. Here’s a list of exciting opportunities this week awaiting your immediate action. Do not hesitate to apply.
DEMO Africa 2017
DEMO Africa is one of the flagship initiatives of [email protected] and aims to connect African startups to the global ecosystem. The program creates an avenue for most African innovative companies to launch, showcase and pitch their products to the world. This year, the DEMO Africa Conference will be hosted by the City of Johannesburg in partnership with South Africa’s Department of Science and Technology and the LIONS partners.
- DEMO Africa Startups stand a chance to partake of the $54million estimated investment and business value.
- Network opportunities to investors, possible customers and industry players are an added advantage.
The DEMO Africa 2017 spans from 23-24 November 2017 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
For more information on how to partake, visit the online platform.
Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator
The Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator is a 10-week entrepreneurship development program to support early stage entrepreneurs who are building businesses in the beauty industry. Five entrepreneurs will participate in an intensive program which includes a boot camp in Johannesburg, South Africa and access to business coaches with experience in the skills entrepreneurs need to scale and grow.
The program is open to female founders/owners who are willing to take their businesses to the next level, improve on strategy and management skills, connect to beauty industry stake holders and win $5000 international investment.
- Media: Platforms that make it easier for women to learn beauty techniques, discover new styles and connect with customers
- Products: Physical products that enhance the beauty process
- Technology: Software and services that support the beauty industry
- Retail: Platforms that simplify the buying process for consumers
- Business based in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa
- Businesses must have at least one woman aged 18-35 as a founder or owner
- Business has been in operation for less than 3 years
- Business has received no more than $50,000 in external investment
- Business is within the beauty industry
Application ends on September 1, 2017, at 11:59 PM (WAT). Head to the website to apply immediately.
Silicon Valley Accelerate Program
The Silicon Valley Accelerate Programme connects emerging technology leaders with the brightest innovators and founders in Silicon Valley. Each year the program accepts six emerging technology entrepreneurs and put them through a five day leadership accelerate programme in Silicon Valley, where they are given unique access inside some of Silicon Valley’s most innovative and successful businesses as well as insight from the leaders who are helping shape and build multi-billion dollar technology companies.
Terms of Entry
- To enter the Silicon Valley Accelerate Competition your company must be technology focused.
- Only one person per company is eligible for application. The person in question must be Founder or Co-founder of the company.
- The entrant must be in possession of a valid passport and be eligible to travel during April 2018. Furthermore, the entrant is responsible for Visa and ESTA applications in which to be applied for the trip.
- There will be a semi-final pitching round for the Silicon Valley Accelerate Competition. The dates for the semi-final pitch will be announced after the competition deadline date and you will be notified of this if your application is successful.
- The final of the Silicon Valley Accelerate Competition will be held at the Startup Summit on November 1, 2017 and all applicants must be able to attend to be in with a chance of winning the place.
The deadline for application is 22nd September 2017. You may visit the website to begin your application process.
Call for Fintech startup to pitch at Lendit Europe
PitchIt, is a competition for fintech startups, taking place at LendIt Europe–one of the largest international lending and fintech conferences in Europe. This exclusive programme will nurture emerging talent throughout the competition, provide selected finalists with unparalleled access to industry experts as well as invaluable exposure, branding and more at the event. From submitted applications, 8 finalists will be selected, from which one winner will finally emerge.
- Funding opportunities via meetings with global VCs and investors
- The ability to have their pitch heard by the international fintech community
- Mentorship by renowned VCs and top accelerator Startupbootcamp
- Valuable exposure through global PR
- Up to £1,000 for travel to LendIt Europe 2017
Deadline for applications is September 4, 2017. If you are a fintech startup, you may submit your application at the website.
Below are more opportunities you should explore
Editor’s note: Are you launching an opportunity? Tell us about it by filling this form.
On January 27, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship.
Report: Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Get a free overview and 50% purchase discount here.
Listen to Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa
Girl … with a pen. Content Creator.