SpeedUp Africa, a 4 Day Growth & Investment focused Startup Bootcamp for African startups has announced the list of startups that made it for this year’s competition in Ashesi University, Ghana.
SpeedUP Sessions will involve one-on-one sessions with Silicon Valley and Global mentors, workshops, office hours, growth hacking, $10k in startup toolkits for each startup. The bootcamp will also feature a Deal Day where startups get to pitch to Tim Draper of DraperDarkFlow & other investors who will invest over $1,000,000 in the coolest startups.
Out of 91 startups, 36 Nigerian startups were listed to have passed the application stage and are now eligible to attend the bootcamp.
I present to you the Nigerian Startups that made the SpeedUP Africa list:
- Hotels.ng – Online hotel booking portal for Africa.
- VeriCampus – VeriCampus helps schools deliver timely and innovative services to all stakeholders via their mobile devices.
- Printivo – Printivo is an online printing company, making print ordering easy and fast for thousands of Nigerian businesses using technology
- MyMusic.com.ng – MyMusic allows users download African music in 1 click and pay with their phone credit
- Maliyo Games – Maliyo games creates localised mobile games targeted at the Nigerian and African market growing mobile and internet consumers.
- WESABI – An on demand platform that connects you to verified and highly skilled artisans.
- YVKDESIGN – An easy wear line which provides chic and elegant clothing for the everyday woman.
- Dochase Ad exchange – Dochase Ad exchange connects businesses and ad networks to target, right customer on mobile and desktop internet
- Foodstantly – A mobile-web marketplace for food and farm produce that provides e-commerce and logistics to farmers, food traders and markets
- Geniuses – A Social Learning Platform connecting millions of young Africans to learn in a collaborative and social way.
- Rushing Tap – Rushing Tap is a content production company that creates high value original African content and licenses to distributors.
- Nigeria Experts – NigeriaExperts is an online and offline directory for experts in Nigeria.
- Bazar NG – A cloud-based retail management and point of sale (POS) software for small businesses.
- ChowHub – ChowHub helps people discover great places to eat and order from.
- Jalo – Jalo is an App that enables anyone to have anything delivered in under two hours.
- Rubiqube Ad Network – Rubiqube is a rewarded video advertising network that allows users pay for online perks by watching short ads.
- frakem.com – An online building materials retail store that provides a platform where people can source compare and buy building products.
- Farmers.ng – Farmers.ng connects rural farmers to urban buyers.
- Talentbase – An affordable and easy-to-use HRM solution enabling HR managers and growing businesses simplify and organise their HR processes.
- Eventlinq – Eventlinq is an app for easy networking at events.
- NURLUX – Nurlux us a wifi company that runs internet sponsored advertising campaigns and solutions over free wifi in high traffic locations.
- CamBuy – CamBuy is an app that converts product desires to sales using augmented reality.
- cokodeal.com – A marketplace for locally made goods in Africa for trade and export.
- Go – Go is an app that let’s you travel anywhere in the works in three easy steps.
- SpellAfrica – A chatbot to assist you to learn and improve your English skills.
- DropBuddies – DropBuddies is a crowdsourced errand running and on demand delivery service.
- Virtual Administrative Ads – Administrative assistance virtually to SMEs, Entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Jara – Jara helps brands turn consumers to customers in a measurable way.
- First Jobs – FirstJobs is a platform that helps employers find the best talents quickly and cheaply.
- Codulab – Codulab is a startup that trains and matches handpicked talents in Africa with digital projects from around the world.
- Mobile Forms – Mobile Form is an app that helps field workers collect data online and offline.
- NerveFlo – Africa’s digital media marketplace.
- HealthFacts – A platform for the dissemination of health information and supply of answers to questions b qualified health professionals.
- NeonERP – A collection of business tools that work together to improve accountability, efficiency and transparency in a business.
- Canzaa Barter App – Canzaa is a social swapping app that enables users barter goods and services.
- youloho.com– youloho.com is a platform that helps with buying and selling African art for all social classes.
The Bootcamp will hold in Ashesi University, Ghana between July 6 and 10, 2016. The attendees are required to pay for their flights to Ghana after which all other expenses — airport pickup, accommodation, feeding — will be covered by the organisers of SpeedUP Africa.
FCMB, via Passion Incubator‘s Collaborate.ng platform, is seeking an innovative payroll management solution for SMEs and MSMEs in order to position them for access to bank financing and government-led capital assistance programmes. Startups/businesses in Nigeria should apply here.
Techpoint is conducting research on mobile app usage for everyday internet needs in Nigeria. Please take out time to fill in this anonymous survey. Thank you.
Nigerian startups raised $35.5 million in Q3 2018, 52% less than in Q2. Find out more in the Nigerian Startup Funding report. Download.