SpeedUp Africa, a 4 Day Growth & Investment focused Startup Bootcamp for African startups has announced the list of startups that made it for this year’s competition in Ashesi University, Ghana.
SpeedUP Sessions will involve one-on-one sessions with Silicon Valley and Global mentors, workshops, office hours, growth hacking, $10k in startup toolkits for each startup. The bootcamp will also feature a Deal Day where startups get to pitch to Tim Draper of DraperDarkFlow & other investors who will invest over $1,000,000 in the coolest startups.
Out of 91 startups, 36 Nigerian startups were listed to have passed the application stage and are now eligible to attend the bootcamp.
I present to you the Nigerian Startups that made the SpeedUP Africa list:
- Hotels.ng – Online hotel booking portal for Africa.
- VeriCampus – VeriCampus helps schools deliver timely and innovative services to all stakeholders via their mobile devices.
- Printivo – Printivo is an online printing company, making print ordering easy and fast for thousands of Nigerian businesses using technology
- MyMusic.com.ng – MyMusic allows users download African music in 1 click and pay with their phone credit
- Maliyo Games – Maliyo games creates localised mobile games targeted at the Nigerian and African market growing mobile and internet consumers.
- WESABI – An on demand platform that connects you to verified and highly skilled artisans.
- YVKDESIGN – An easy wear line which provides chic and elegant clothing for the everyday woman.
- Dochase Ad exchange – Dochase Ad exchange connects businesses and ad networks to target, right customer on mobile and desktop internet
- Foodstantly – A mobile-web marketplace for food and farm produce that provides e-commerce and logistics to farmers, food traders and markets
- Geniuses – A Social Learning Platform connecting millions of young Africans to learn in a collaborative and social way.
- Rushing Tap – Rushing Tap is a content production company that creates high value original African content and licenses to distributors.
- Nigeria Experts – NigeriaExperts is an online and offline directory for experts in Nigeria.
- Bazar NG – A cloud-based retail management and point of sale (POS) software for small businesses.
- ChowHub – ChowHub helps people discover great places to eat and order from.
- Jalo – Jalo is an App that enables anyone to have anything delivered in under two hours.
- Rubiqube Ad Network – Rubiqube is a rewarded video advertising network that allows users pay for online perks by watching short ads.
- frakem.com – An online building materials retail store that provides a platform where people can source compare and buy building products.
- Farmers.ng – Farmers.ng connects rural farmers to urban buyers.
- Talentbase – An affordable and easy-to-use HRM solution enabling HR managers and growing businesses simplify and organise their HR processes.
- Eventlinq – Eventlinq is an app for easy networking at events.
- NURLUX – Nurlux us a wifi company that runs internet sponsored advertising campaigns and solutions over free wifi in high traffic locations.
- CamBuy – CamBuy is an app that converts product desires to sales using augmented reality.
- cokodeal.com – A marketplace for locally made goods in Africa for trade and export.
- Go – Go is an app that let’s you travel anywhere in the works in three easy steps.
- SpellAfrica – A chatbot to assist you to learn and improve your English skills.
- DropBuddies – DropBuddies is a crowdsourced errand running and on demand delivery service.
- Virtual Administrative Ads – Administrative assistance virtually to SMEs, Entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Jara – Jara helps brands turn consumers to customers in a measurable way.
- First Jobs – FirstJobs is a platform that helps employers find the best talents quickly and cheaply.
- Codulab – Codulab is a startup that trains and matches handpicked talents in Africa with digital projects from around the world.
- Mobile Forms – Mobile Form is an app that helps field workers collect data online and offline.
- NerveFlo – Africa’s digital media marketplace.
- HealthFacts – A platform for the dissemination of health information and supply of answers to questions b qualified health professionals.
- NeonERP – A collection of business tools that work together to improve accountability, efficiency and transparency in a business.
- Canzaa Barter App – Canzaa is a social swapping app that enables users barter goods and services.
- youloho.com– youloho.com is a platform that helps with buying and selling African art for all social classes.
The Bootcamp will hold in Ashesi University, Ghana between July 6 and 10, 2016. The attendees are required to pay for their flights to Ghana after which all other expenses — airport pickup, accommodation, feeding — will be covered by the organisers of SpeedUP Africa.
NEW REPORT ALERT: “Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Find out more in the full report.
Listen to Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa
I love telling stories using text, pictures and videos. It’s all about the little details.