Editor’s note: The article was updated to reflect a new date for startup school, following the move from original date of April.
Techpoint Startup School is back, this time in the city of Port Harcourt. Last year, we hinted at a possible startup school edition in Port Harcourt in partnership with eLabs Africa.
Today’s announcement seals off a long-time discussion, feasibility study and an overall need for the upcoming Startup School in Port Harcourt.
What we want to achieve
With a focus on early-stage startups, the aim is to essentially show a roadmap to properly position young, growing companies for growth.
- Eziekel Amefula, CEO, Pamdrive
- Uche Aniche, Founder, Startup South.
- Precious Chukundah, Founder, Chigisoft.
- Ayobami Terigba, Relationship Ops.. Ingressive Capital
- Aderemi Fagbemi, Partner Tope Adebayo LLP
In the course of three days, they will be teaching the following;
- Searching for co-founders
- Creating a founding team
- Learning organisational structure
- Setting up an advisory board
- Deciding when to bring in a board of directors
- Learning how to position to raise Pre-seed to Series A funding
- Understanding equity structuring
- Understanding the concept of vesting
- Learning team stock options
- Legal framework for startups
Date: Techpoint Startup School will be held between May 20th to 22nd, 2021.
This is going to be a limited physical-only attendance, so hurry up and register now.
The Port Harcourt edition will be the beginning of our franchise model to scale Startup School beyond Lagos. Through our franchise effort, we will be able to work with instructors and partners at different communities to equip people who work in startup or technology companies with the practical and relevant knowledge needed to build global and scalable organisations in Africa.
If you believe the Techpoint Startup School should be hosted in your city, do shoot an email to Ifeanyi@techpoint.africa explaining why.