In exactly one week from today, on the 29th of May, 2018, over 5000 tech experts and enthusiasts will gather at The Pistis Conference Centre for Techpoint Inspired 2018.
Programme Schedule for Techpoint Inspired
- 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM — Registration & Accreditation
- 9:00 AM – 9:05 AM — National Anthem (Orchestra)
- 9:10 AM – 9:20 AM — Welcome Address by Adewale Yusuf (CEO, Techpoint.ng)
09:20 AM – 09:36 AM — The future of Robotics & IoT (Internet of Things) in Africa
- Speaker: Obinna Ukwuani (CEO/Founder, Makers Academy Africa)
[Panel Session] 09:40 AM – 10:20 AM — Smart Work: The future of work in Nigeria?
- Moderator: Oluwabunmi Akinyemi (Talent/Project Manager, Techpoint.ng)
10:25 AM – 10:35 AM — Hyperloop: The rLoop journey
- Speaker: Oyinlola Oluwatobi (Embedded Systems Engineer at rLoop)
10:35 AM – 11 AM — Creating a sustainable future
- Speaker: Rolayo Akhigbe, Divisional Head, Transaction Banking, FCMB
[Panel Session] 11:00 AM – 11:40 AM — The consumer, the bank, and Fintech
- Moderator: Tosin Olaseinde (Money Africa)
- Tosin Eniolorunda (CEO/Founder, TeamApt)
- Adebanjo Omokehinde (Country Manager, MasterCard)
- Adedeji Olowe (Founder, Open Banking)
- Julius Wanyaga (Head, Digital Banking Transformation, FCMB )
- Deji Oguntunade (Divisional Head For FinTech & Innovation, GTBank)
11:40 AM – 11:56 AM — Driving STEM through indigenous languages
- Speaker: Cynthia Adaeze, Director, Maths AfriQue International
11:56 AM to 12:12 PM — The future of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain in Nigeria
- Speaker: Emeka Okoye (CEO, Cymantiks Nigeria Limited)
12:12 PM – 12:40 PM — Break time
12:40 PM – 12:45 PM — Orchestral performance by Blessing Oghota (Never enough)
12:45 PM – 01:11 PM — Thinking Differently: Ideas Create Future (with Q&A)
- Speaker: Dr. Richard Ikiebe (Faculty member, School of Media and Communication, Pan-Atlantic University)
01:12 PM – 01:32 PM — The past and Future of transportation in Nigeria (with Q&A)
- Speaker: Chidi Ajaere (Chairman GIG Group)
01:32 PM – 01:58 PM — How artificial intelligence is revolutionising marketing
- Speaker: Avadhoot Revankar (CTO, Netcore)
02:17 PM – 02:57 PM — Policy frameworks towards sustainable local technology: What should the government be doing?
- Moderator: Muyiwa Matuluko, Co-Founder /Editor -In- Chief, Techpoint.ng
03:00 PM – 03:26 PM — Building an African technology ecosystem
- Speaker: Dr. Tunde Adegbola (Executive Director, African Languages Technology Initiative)
03:16 PM – 04:00 PM — Solving Infrastructure challenges for innovation in Nigeria
- Moderator: Victor Ekwealor (Senior Editor, Techpoint.ng)
- Gbenga Adegbiji (Head Data Centre, MainOne)
- Akin Banuso (General Manager, Microsoft)
- Akintunde Oyebode (Executive Secretary, LSETF )
- Juliet Anammah (CEO, Jumia Nigeria )
- Olumide Balogun (Head of Marketing, Nokia Phones)
04:00 PM – 04:26 PM — The Next Billion Users (with Q&A)
- Speaker: Juliet Ehimuan, Google Country Director
04:35 PM – 04:40 PM — Demo by Quadron Studios
04:40 – 04:50 — Product launch/ Techpoint announcements/Vote of thanks
Introducing the Techpoint Africa Podcast !!! Listen in every Tuesday and Friday morning (WAT) here.
Want more articles like this? Subscribe now to our newsletter for periodic updates on African startups, innovation and tech.
New Report: Nigerian startups raised $24.7 million in Q2 2019, 40% higher than Q1. Find out more in the latest quarterly edition of the Nigerian Startup Funding Report here.
Techpoint.Africa is a leading media platform dedicated to startups, entrepreneurship, innovation and technology in Africa.