Techpoint is always on the look out for unique perspectives, opinions and thought pieces on how technology affects the everyday African.
If you have a compelling article to share with our vast audience of technology enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, business executives and investors, please take some time to review the guidelines below.
Before you submit
All submissions should:
- Be valuable to our audience. We do not accept overly self-promotional content.
- Not focus on topics that have been covered on our platform before, except when approached with a unique angle.
- Be original; preferably not have appeared elsewhere.
- Be written in clear, engaging and error-free language. Please avoid excessive use of jargon and buzzwords.
- Not be overly critical of brands, institutions or personalities.
- Include proper attribution for all data, images and statistics used.
- We do not accept press releases, startup/personality features or product/service reviews as guest contributions.
How to submit
Send all submissions in Doc or HTML format to [email protected] (only genuine guest contributions please) with subject as Guest Contributor (important!).
- Attach images separately. Do not insert them in the document.
- To indicate where images go, use appropriate placeholders within the text (see below).
- Individual image sizes should be no larger than 200KB.
- Include a brief author bio (200 characters), with not more than one external link and attach a 100×100 headshot.
PLEASE NOTE (Important!)
- We receive a considerable amount of contribution requests daily. Submissions that do not adhere to the above guidelines are at the risk of being overlooked.
- The email provided is strictly for sending guest submissions. You do not need to ask if you can send a submission, just send it (as long as it adheres to above guidelines). If you have other unrelated requests/enquiries, please find out how to contact us here.
- Editors reserve the right to reject unsatisfactory submissions. Only accepted submissions are guaranteed a response.
- Editors also reserve the right to edit, re-purpose and rearrange submissions according to their discretion.
- Techpoint may include display ads and in-house calls-to-action within the content.
- If your article is accepted and published, we require that you share on your social media platforms.
We look forward to reading from you.
NEW REPORT: Nigerian startups raised $17.6m in Q1 2019, 8.5% higher than they did in Q1 2018. Find out more in the latest quarterly edition of the Nigerian Startup Funding Report here.
On the 1st of June 2019, Techpoint will host over 3,000 leading experts, enthusiasts, innovators, entrepreneurs, career professionals, and policymakers in Lagos at #TechpointInspired, the largest tech conference in West Africa, where issues Future of Work, AI & Robotics & Blockchain and many more will be discussed Techpoint Inspired. Register now.
There will be a private dinner for Speaker and VIP holders on the 2nd of June. Get a ticket now