Earlier today She Leads Africa (SLA) announced 10 early stage businesses that have been accepted into the 2016 SLA Accelerator Programme which began on July 11th in Lagos, Nigeria.
She Leads Africa partnered with the Work in Progress! Alliance (VC4Africa and Oxfam) and Guaranty Trust Bank to create a 3-month accelerator program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs.
This year She Leads Africa received applications from over 120 startups from across Nigeria. The selected entrepreneurs were evaluated based on their traction and progress in the market, management team and vision to grow and scale across Africa. The selected businesses are:
- Fresh Direct Produce and Agro-Allied Services – An eco-friendly social enterprise that produces premium organic produce through hydroponics and community action.
- DeliveryBros – Helps you save time and stress through pickup and drops from the market to your house or office.
- VivaSante – Solves the medical industry’s procurement problem, by providing a technology enabled distribution solution resulting in transparency and simplicity.
- Koko’s Kitchen – An indigenous brand of confectionary dry mixes specially tailored to suit the taste buds and pocketbook of the quintessential person on the go.
- Bubble Tii – Bringing the Bubble Tea phenomena to Africa.
- Shuttlers.ng – Enables professionals to access comfortable and efficient transportation to and from work using seat matching technology.
- Keek’s – Designs tailored weight loss packages for busy women who a plan that is both effective and simple to implement.
- Native Bukka – A chain of Afrocentric quick service restaurants that specialize in exceptionally good bukka food served fresh all day for busy individuals on the go.
- BathKandy Co. – Creates sumptuous dessert-inspired beauty treats for women who crave the finer things.
- Independent Personal Assistant (iPA) – Provides strategic virtual assistance to high-level executives across Africa. We take care of the mundane while you focus on what matters.
Accelerator participants will spend the next three months working on their business strategy and growth, while networking with investors and potential partners. Experts and program mentors include Chudi Amu, Vice President of Investment at Verod Capital; Shirley Somuah, Investor at Cardinal Stone Partners; Seun Abolaji, Creative Director at Wilson’s Juice Company; and Tunde Kehinde and Ercin Eskin, Co-founders of ACE.
The entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their businesses at an investor Demo Day in October and compete for ₦2 million investment from She Leads Africa along with other business support services.
Featured image: She Leads Africa
On January 27, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship.
Report: Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Get a free overview and 50% purchase discount here.
Listen to Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa
I love telling stories using text, pictures and videos. It’s all about the little details.