Between the 25th and 27th of March 2020, Techpoint will run the next edition of its startup school, a platform to educate business owners from Nigeria and West Africa on how to build scalable businesses.
The upcoming programme is aimed at early-stage startups and how to properly position their businesses for growth. Streamlined into 3-day immersive classes, this edition will focus on how businesses/founders can:
- Search for co-founders
- Create a founding team
- Learn organisational structure
- Set up an advisory board
- Decide when to bring in a board of directors
- Learn how to position to raise Pre-seed to Series A funding
- Understand equity structuring
- Understand the concept of vesting
- Learn team stock option
- Get ready to pitch
- Set up a media kit
- Reach out to journalists
- Organise events for their young company
Meet our trainers
Our educational platform is built on excellence, which is why we have engaged industry leaders who, in their line of work, have experience working with founders at this critical stage. Our trainers include:
- Dayo Koleowo, Partner, Microtraction
- Adewale Yusuf, CEO, Techpoint Africa
- Victoria Crandall, Media Relations, InsiderPR
- Onyeka Akumah, CEO, Farmcrowdy
- Muyiwa Matuluko, Editor-in-chief, Techpoint Africa
- Obi Ozor, CEO, Kobo360
Finally, the registration fee for the startup school is ₦50,000 ($137). Hurry up and reserve your spot as there are limited spaces available. Don’t miss out on this opportunity. Register now to book yourself a seat.
For enquiries, send us an email at [email protected]
Have a digital technology solution for health, cyber-crime, Oil and Gas? Join the 2020 Nigeria Oil and Gas Hackathon. Submit your innovation at www.nogtech.ng.
Techpoint Build 2020 is holding virtually in August. Register free now to attend.
Nigerian startups raised $55.4m in Q1 2020; over 99% of which came from foreign sources. Find out more when you download the full report.