Over the years Techpoint has supported African entrepreneurs to build successful businesses. This has been made possible through our conferences and publishing platform which tell inspiring stories that continue to change the Nigerian and African entrepreneurial landscape.
As a leading media platform dedicated to startups, entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology in Africa, our creed is that there is an exciting opportunity for technology to penetrate the fabric of society. This is why we are excited to announce our newest initiative for African founders and entrepreneurs.
INTRODUCING TECHPOINT STARTUP SCHOOL, West Africa edition
Between the 2nd and 6th of December, Techpoint will run the first edition of its startup school, a platform to educate business owners from Nigeria and West Africa on how to build scalable businesses.
As business owners and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, it is important that African founders are equipped with the right structures and processes for proper business growth.
The Startup School is the channel through which the objective will be achieved.
The main cardinal points of the Techpoint Startup School are Financing (Fundraising & management), Sales (B2B), Team Building, and Scaling and Marketing.
Streamlined into 5-day immersive courses, the training will focus on how, as a founder, you can:
- Raise funding for your businesses
- Manage your funding
- Sustain investor relations
- Scale across markets
- Optimise your teams
- Learn first-hand how modern marketers drive successful campaigns
- Unlock your sales (especially B2B)
Meet our trainers
Because our educational platform will be built on excellence, we have engaged industry leaders and experts to work directly with founders. Our trainers include:
- Chidi Ajaere, Chairman, GIG Group
- Eniolorunda Tosin, CEO, TeamApt
- Funke Okpeke, CEO, MainOne Cables
- Ola Orekunrin, Founder, Flying Doctors Nigeria
- Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, Founder, Future.africa
- Kayode Deola, Insight Communications Limited
- Wale Ayeni, Head, Africa, Venture Capital Investment, IFC
- Akinlawon Alao, Human Leadership Resources
- Damilola Thompson, EchoVC partners
No doubt Africa’s business landscape has a good mix of successful, intermediate, and budding entrepreneurs. Synergising these elements can only be impactful for business on the continent.
The first cohort of the Techpoint Startup School is expected to feature only 20 founders. To qualify, startups have to meet the following requirements:
- The business must have been operating for not less than 6 months
- Must already be generating revenue
- Must have a team of no less than 5 members
Finally, the registration fee for the startup school is ₦100,000 ($300). Hurry up and reserve your spot as there are limited spaces available. The Techpoint Startup School is open to all high-growth startups from across West Africa.
For enquiries, send us an email at [email protected]
Jan. 18: Bonus Built in Africa episode: Town Hall meeting with Peter Salovey, President of Yale University
On March 25, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship. Location: Fourpoint by Sheraton, V.I. Lagos.