There are numerous opportunities revolving around the globe this week.
We've narrowed down a couple, relevant to Africans entrepreneurs, innovators, students, etc. Browse through our list of opportunities and apply for the ones you believe is right for you.
IGNITE summit 2018
Inspire Africa, in partnership with US Embassy Nigeria, launches IGNITE Innovation Lab for young entrepreneurs to co-create innovative ideas and address UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
As a build-up to the launch, they will also be hosting IGNITE summit in two states (Benue and Kaduna, on the 6th and 14th of October respectively) in Nigeria. Following the summit, 15 -20 potential women participants will be shortlisted to join an intensive innovation lab in Abuja. The participants will work together in a small group of 3 -- 5 people, taken through a facilitates process of design-thinking to create an innovative business solution that simultaneously addresses UN SDGs.
The best team's innovation will receive a total shared prize of $5000 and other prizes from the US embassy and Inspire Africa, as well as equity investment from participating investors.
- Candidate must be within the age of 20-30 years.
- The idea must be innovative and address any of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The idea must already have a prototype or at the pilot stage.
- Each team must be female-led with a minimum of two female members.
How to Apply
The successful team who meet the requirement will be invited to participate in the next application phase and also attend IGNITE Innovation Lab in Abuja. The application to the summit is open till August 5th, 2018.
Be the smartest in the room
Outlier Venture Lab 2018
The business outlier is launching the 2018 edition of outlier venture lab, a startup/SME bootcamp program for early-stage tech-driven startups who are building innovative solutions to challenges across sectors in Nigeria.
- Equity funding of $20,000 and above.
- Three months of tailored business development advisory including training & mentoring.
- Pitching in front of seasoned investors.
- Access to a network of partners and partners for go to market.
- The startup must be early-stage and tech-driven.
- The startup must have an existing product/prototype.
- The startup should be about 12 months in business and have paying customers.
How to Apply
Follow this link to complete the application form before July 30th to qualify for the bootcamp.
GreenHouse Lab for Women-led technology startups 2018
GreenHouse Capital is accepting applications for its GreenHouse Lab for Women-led technology startups 2018. The three-month-long accelerator programme is focused solely on early-stage technology startups in Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as African-run startups domiciled in the UK and US with products scalable in African markets.
The accelerator programme features an intensive curriculum delivered in-person and virtually over the course of three months while leveraging existing entrepreneurship education, framework and courses on a variety of topics.
- The opportunity to work from Vibranium Valley, a recently launched technology incubation space by Ventures Garden Group.
- A minimum of $100,000 investment for qualifying startups.
- Access to handpicked networks of global investors and mentors
- Must be an early-stage tech startup with at least one woman on the founding and leadership team.
- Must be meeting a sustainable need in Africa.
- Must have at least a team of two members, including a technical member.
- Must be extremely passionate about the idea.
How to Apply
The accelerator programme begins in mid-August and ends in November. Follow this link to apply before the deadline, which is July 20, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
Previously featured opportunities still ongoing
- UNICEF Innovation Fund is giving up to $100,000 for drone startups. Find more details here
- Google Impact Challenge Nigeria 2018 for non-profit and social enterprises with game-changing ideas in their communities. See link for the application.
- Seedstars World Startup Competition 2018 is back in Africa to scout for top high growth startups and entrepreneurs to accelerate on the path of global scale. See link for the application.
- Google Launchpad Accelerator Africa is looking for top early-stage African startups to accelerate. Find details here.
- Google is giving $6million to African startups through the Google Impact Challenge. See more details here
Editor’s note: Are you launching any opportunities? Tell us about it by filling this form.