There are numerous opportunities revolving around the globe this week.
We’ve narrowed down a couple, relevant to Africans entrepreneurs, innovators, students, etc. Browse through our list of opportunities and apply for the ones you believe is right for you.
Demo Africa 2018
Demo Africa 2018 is here upon us. This time it is partnering with Techpoint to host a preliminary pitch event to decide startups that will make it to the Demo Africa semifinals. The top 3 candidates will proceed to the DEMO Semifinals and finalists will be announced on August 30.
Demo Africa 2018 will be held in Morocco, where qualifying startups get to meet and showcase their products to the best of investors across the African continent.
- You must meet the criteria itemised under the DEMO Africa FAQ
How to Apply
The preliminary event will hold on July 2nd, 2018. Applications are open till 26th of June 2018. You can fill this form to begin your registration. Your business will also have to be listed on AngelList to complete the application.
Transformative Technology Academy (TTA)
TTA is a tech startup program focused on innovation for human wellness and joy.
TTA’s Online Programme will give entrepreneurs who are using tech for mental health, wellbeing and joy an opportunity to connect with mentors and investors while learning from leaders in the field. The month-long program will consist of speakers, group office hours for ideating and feedback, and opportunities for brand exposure.
When you become a part of the Academy, you join a community dedicated to leveraging tech to expand human possibility through the vectors of mental health, happiness, thriving and joy.
In this one-month intensive development program, you’ll get significant feedback, forge connections, and graduate as a member of the Academy. You’ll take your business and personal growth to the next level and have a chance to connect with the best mentors and investors in transformative technologies. To cap it all, you also will receive non-equity funding.
It is only available for innovators, and entrepreneurs leveraging tech (technologies like AI, digital medicine, neurofeedback, biotech, biofeedback, sleep tech, networks & sensors, healthy spaces tech, digital manufacturing, behavioural change) for mental health, wellbeing, and Joy.
How to Apply
Deadline for application is 31st August 2018. You can visit the link to register.
TEXPO Technology Exhibition
Tons of ideas are transformed into innovative solutions in Nigeria and these innovations need a platform. TEXPO, a technology exhibition for tech entrepreneurs and other stakeholders in the Nigerian technology ecosystem, is giving innovative entrepreneurs an opportunity to showcase their tech-related products.
TEXPO is a platform for tech entrepreneurs to showcase their tech products and interact with investors, mentors, tech enthusiasts, get new users and publicity for their tech products.
- Opportunity to win business grants/loans.
- Opportunity to find investors for your tech project.
- Opportunity to get new users for your product.
- Opportunity to get into popular accelerators in Nigeria.
- Publicity and media attention.
- The participants will stand a chance to be mentored by the best people in their respective industry globally.
- The startup must be technology inclined.
- The startup must be based in Nigeria.
- The startup must NOT have raised seed funding.
- Have an existing prototype/demo of the solution with a promising result from the initial pilot. Innovation must be unique, scalable and have a model to showcase.
How to Apply
Deadline for the application is 23rd of June 2018. To register, fill this form.
Previously featured opportunities still ongoing
- UNICEF Innovation Fund is giving up to $100,000 for drone startups. Find more details here
- Google Impact Challenge Nigeria 2018 for non-profit and social enterprises with game-changing ideas in their communities. See link for the application.
- Seedstars World Startup Competition 2018 is back in Africa to scout for top high growth startups and entrepreneurs to accelerate on the path of global scale. See link for the application.
- Google Launchpad Accelerator Africa is looking for top early-stage African startups to accelerate. Find details here.
- The iBuyNaija Campaign wants indigenous manufacturers a platform to expose their local brands through sharing of unique local stories. See details here.
Editor’s note: Are you launching any opportunities? Tell us about it by filling this form.
On February 8, 2019, in Lagos Nigeria, Nerds Unite will expose IT professionals to the latest radical technologies available for business and their application to the Nigerian business landscape. Register now to attend.