Check out our list of exciting opportunities this week. They include funding for entrepreneurs, training opportunities, hackathon, photography and writing contests, and the list goes on. Dive in and apply for the one(s) you are up for.
ITU Telecom World 2018
The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Telecom World is a yearly event focused on enabling and accelerating successes by bringing together new ideas, solutions, technology hubs, incubators and important stakeholders from the public and private sectors on a uniquely inclusive international platform, the ITU Telecom World.
Stakeholders and industry players in the ICT sector are hereby invited to join the country’s delegation. International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Telecom World will take place in Durban, South Africa between September 10th – 13th 2018.
To be selected SMEs/ Innovators must meet the following;
- The tech-enabled solution must be creative, innovative and globally relevant.
- The product/service must provide demonstrable impact or radical improvement in service delivery or processes to a specific area such as
agriculture, education, health, governance, security, etc.
- SME’s product/service needs to currently be in use with proven evidence of marketability and sustainability.
- The SME must be registered and in existence for over a year with a sustainable business plan.
CRITERIA FOR INNOVATORS
- Innovation must be unique, scalable, patented and have a model to showcase.
- This invitation is also open to tech-empowered SME hubs, aggregators and managers who are welcome to submit entries on behalf of SMEs.
How to apply
To participate, prepare a presentation of your innovation, product/service and your profile and send to;
Such submission should reach the commission on or before July 4, 2018.
Seedstars World Startup Competition 2018
In this 2018 edition of their annual tour, 20 Africans countries will be visited to host bootcamps and pitch competitions. Tne winner from each country will be invited to the finals at the Seedstars summit in Switzerland.
- The participants will stand an opportunity to get a VC investment of up to $1 million and more in cash prizes.
- The participants will stand a chance to be mentored by the best people in their respective industry globally.
- Startups should not be more two years old.
- Should not have raised more than $500,000 in funding.
- Should have a minimum viable product.
- Should have technology as the core of their central operation, while solving a basic problem.
- Startups should ensure they have a venture profile published on VC4Africa platform, with up-to-date pitch decks attached.
How to Apply
Deadline varies by countries, so hurry to fill this form to attend any of the local events in Africa.
Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Award
Unilever is calling all young entrepreneurs with solutions that are tackling some of the planet’s social and environmental challenges.
Since the launch of the Awards in 2013, Unilever has reached over 3,500 inspiring young sustainability entrepreneurs and their organisations, and provided tailored support and funding to 29 winners.
Up to 8 winners will be provided financial support for their business while the grand enterprise winner goes home with €50,000.
How to Apply
Application opens on May 10 and closes on June 29th. Meanwhile, you can fill this form to pre-register.
2018 Agritech Incubation Program
- Up to ₦2.25 million will be given to the top two selected startups.
- Unrestricted access to the fully serviced workspace.
- Intangibles (company registration, audit services, developer toolkit etc) worth $10k 4. Access to our local & international networks
- 6 months mentorship with one on one mentor-mentee pairing.
- Access to market by leveraging Wennovation Hub’s existing community.
- Competence of team
- The viability of idea Innovation
- Market and Scalability
- Registered companies would be an advantage.
- Female-led teams would also be given a considerable advantage.
How to Apply
Application deadline is 20th of June 2018. Visit the link to register.
Editor’s note: Are you launching any opportunities? Tell us about it by filling this form.
Ifeanyi is a desk reporter-turned administrator. Outside of work, I love to read and travel.