Here are this week’s top news headlines about startups, entrepreneurship, innovation and tech around Africa.
Uber Eats acquires orderTalk. Uber’s food ordering and delivery offshoot, Uber Eats has acquired South African restaurant tech solution company, orderTalk for an undisclosed amount. Read more on TechCentral.
Recent data breach in South Africa. Over 900,000 personal records of South Africans, including national identity numbers, email addresses, full names, and passwords have been leaked in a recent data breach that appears to be a traffic fines related online system. Read more on iAfrikan.
New laws on mobile imports in Kenya. The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has enforced new guidelines that will prevent mobile phones that do not offer at least 8 hours talk-time (or 24 hours standby) battery life from entering the country’s ports. Read more on Daily Nation.
Pawame raises $543k debt finance. After previously raising $2m equity funding in March, Kenyan solar energy startup, Pawame has crowdfunded an additional $543,000 in debt finance through Sweden-based crowdfunding company, TRINE. Read more on Disrupt Africa.
- Nigerian fintech startup, Lidya raises $6.9m Series A to expand across Africa
- Google commits $6m in grants to non-profits in Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa
- Facebook now has 26 million active users in Nigeria
- Telecom companies disagree with CBN over levy on electronic transactions
- eTranzact appoints Niyi Toluwalope as Acting MD, denies rumours of fraud
- Union Bank launches robotics technology to automate banking processes
Chief Servant. I bully myself because I make me do what I put my mind to.
Are you in tech and you are looking at getting a foreign remote job or you want to move abroad? Fill this form and you will get the BEST resources to help you get that high paying remote job as well as japa easily! WAGMI!