LifeBank — a startup tackling the shortage of medical supplies in Nigeria — is one of the 10 startups shortlisted for the 6th round of the Merck Accelerator programme in Germany.
LifeBank, which recently raised $200,000 in seed funding towards nationwide expansion, is the only African startup that made the cut.
The other startups are:
- Intelag: allows fruit and vegetable growers track field conditions in real-time and interprets the data for efficient farm management.
- Biotx.ai: a machine learning platform that identifies significant patterns in data and uses these to create novel diagnostics and therapies.
- ChemAlive: offers a user-friendly system that allows non-experts to perform state-of-the-art quantum chemistry calculations.
- digi.bio: facilitates efficient scientific experimentation through a biotechnological platform.
- BioXplor: an AI platform for data-driven hypothesis generation and novel predictions in biomarker and drug discovery.
- MUNDITECH: offers two new environmentally friendly technologies that can improve hygienic conditions without the use of conventional biocides.
- Wingcopter: designed and manufactured the first vertical take-off and landing, unmanned aircraft system on the market.
- Salve Tech: offers a mobile app that improves patient safety and outcomes for clinics providing life-changing treatments.
- Syrona Women is developing a fast point-of-care test that enables women to independently look after their reproductive health without a visit to the clinic.
All selected startups are receiving mentoring and in-depth coaching from a network of over 50,000 experts from 60 countries.
Aside from working from the Merck Innovation Centre in Germany, which will enable them develop product prototypes and exchange ideas with other startup teams and experts, the startups will be exposed to contacts needed to close their first deals and an additional €50,000 in financial support.
“Being connected to the startup ecosystem is an essential part of developing collaborative projects,” says Michael Gamber, Head of the Innovation Centre. According to him, all the startups joining the centre are great, considering that they were selected from over 400 applicants.
Mobile & African Tech Enthusiast │ Data Analyst │ Music
Are you in tech and you are looking at getting a foreign remote job or you want to move abroad? Fill this form and you will get the BEST resources to help you get that high paying remote job as well as japa easily! WAGMI!