You can now pay for Facebook ads using your Naira debit card

by | Feb 27, 2017

Update: Naira payments for Facebook ads will begin Monday, 6th of March 2017, through Visa and MasterCards only.

In 2016, Facebook began to display advert rates in Naira currency. It was a welcome development, which many expected would be different from several online payment problems, but it turned out to be disappointing like many others.

Implementing Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), the Facebook ad rates shown in Naira made no difference because advertisers would still end up being charged at parallel market rates, as opposed to the displayed amount. This must be why most Nigerian banks blocked such transactions by default, to avoid any issues with discrepancies in debits.

But now there’s good news

Speaking during a Social Media Week event today in Lagos, Chris Cox, Chief Product Officer at Facebook, confirmed that Nigerians can now make use of their Naira cards to pay for Facebook ads. Said Chris:

Chris Cox

The level of innovation we see in this market is amazing, as Africa’s most populous company, Nigeria is an important market for us.

So it comes as no surprise that Facebook has finally found a way to enable Naira payments for Facebook advertisers.

Therefore, whatever your budget and ad duration, be assured that you can now pay with your Naira card without incurring additional charges.

Have you tried paying for Facebook ads in Naira? Please share your experience in the comments section below.

Tobiloba Fadoju
Tobiloba Fadoju

Writer at Techpoint.ng

Are you in tech and you are looking at getting a foreign remote job or you want to move abroad? Fill this form and you will get the BEST resources to help you get that high paying remote job as well as japa easily! WAGMI!

Notify of
guest
12 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Slim T • TripCity
Slim T • TripCity
5 years ago

Yes you can enable in naira, but no you can’t still make payment using naira debit cards, you will get the DCC declined error. Only PayU works currently giving you accurate exchange rates but only new facebook ad accounts can do this if they are lucky. another option is to open a paypal account and link your naira debit card. this will save you the hassle of opening a dorm account with a limit cap of 100$. If facebook is really keen on keeping their nigerian market they better come up with a convinient solution or they stand to lose free money. This is it !

Mosh
Mosh
Reply to  Slim T • TripCity
5 years ago

You can also create a new advert account, ensure you select NG as country and NGN as currency. With this, you should be able to pay using your local Mastercard and VISA.

Slim T • TripCity
Slim T • TripCity
Reply to  Mosh
5 years ago

I have already done this. It does not work. Payu option does not get listed only master card and paypal.

Mosh
Mosh
Reply to  Slim T • TripCity
5 years ago

Send a mail to @PayU.com.ng">sales@PayU.com.ng and @PayU.com.ng">support@PayU.com.ng. You will get a response from PayU on Monday as regards how to go about it. It isn’t difficult unless if the account in question is a business account then that’s a different thing entirely, Facebook may need to completely whitelist the account. But I can confirm to you that creating a new ad account does work, I have helped people on this and they do confirm it works.

Slim T • TripCity
Slim T • TripCity
Reply to  Mosh
5 years ago

Created 2 new ad accounts which didn’t work, then created a business account and added those accounts whuch still didn’t work. I have also email payu and made calls with them. They too are surprised mine isn’t working. Facebook help Center says its because my account is too old so theres nothing they can do which is believe does not make sense. At this point if it’s something you can help me with i really don’t mind at all.

Mosh
Mosh
Reply to  Slim T • TripCity
5 years ago

Will if I can help. Send me the details of the account you want to use, the email address to my mail address (moshood.aminu@gmail.com)

Festus Oluwtemyo
Festus Oluwtemyo
Reply to  Mosh
5 years ago

Moshood please help a brother… I need to start paying in Naira

AJ
AJ
5 years ago

You guys made me lost my over 5 years old USD AD Account only to be presented with a DCC NGN AD account.
Though i later found a way to get the CashU option without opening a new Facebook account, but i did this at the expense of my USD AD account.
Blamed myself for trusting Techpoint on this, I really don’t trust non-investigative journalism, thought you guys were different.

Ebeghonbhen
Ebeghonbhen
5 years ago

I tried, dis is what I got, all d options in foreign currency. So where d you get your own screenshot???comment image

temple God
temple God
4 years ago

Hi, My name is Joel from MD city, USA and i just want to share my experience with everyone.I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any attention or interest to it because of my doubts.Until one day i discovered a hacking called Mrs Glory and she work with a hacking group call Cyber-link ATM Programmer.she is really good at what she is doing.Back to the point,I inquired about the Blank ATM Card.If it works or even exist.They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind.This was shocking and i still had my doubts.Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions.praying and hoping it was not a scam, i got the card within 2 working days after making inquiring to get the card,i used the BLANK ATM CARD and it was successful,i withdraw nor less than 5,000 dollar each and every day,the BLANK ATM CARD worked like a magic and now i am living very comfortable and can afford anything i want to buy now,if you want to order for the BLANK ATM CARD here
is her email address:atmmachine005@gmail.com Whatsapp +2348108354857

Meelee Fox
Meelee Fox
4 years ago

Are you suffering financially or need urgent cash to pay your bills? do not worry anymore because, there is far you can earn money without stress.You can change your life in just 18hours. contact (ATM CARD NETWORK) for a blank [ATM SMART CARD] today and be among the lucky ones who benefit from these cards. This programmed blank SMART ATM card is capable of hacking any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. I came to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was looking for an online loan lender a month ago .. It really has changed my life forever and now I can take care of my family. The least money I get in a day with this card is around $ 5000. Every day I have enough money to take care of my family. Although it is illegal, there is no risk of being trapped because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not trackable, and also makes the CCTV useless when it is withdrawing money .. For more details on how to get a card today, an email to hackers at this Email: atmcardnetwork@outlookcom or contact us directly on Whatsapp +23408168660247

Dan Dan
Dan Dan
4 years ago

Nice article up there.

Recent News

TikTok on a “Branded Mission”

TikTok on a “Branded Mission”

On #TechpointDigest, we discuss Autochek’s new acquisition, TikTok’s Branded Mission, Bamba’s $3.2 million seed, and Jumia’s report for Q1 2022.

[PODCAST] Tax evasion in Nigeria to get harder

[PODCAST] Tax evasion in Nigeria to get harder

Using data mining and machine learning, Nigeria’s Federal Inland Revenue Service plans to make it harder to evade taxes. Listen to today’s episode of #TechpointAfricaPodcast to learn how it plans to do that.

A daily 5-minute roundup of happenings in African and global tech, sent directly to your email inbox, between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m (WAT) every week day!

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

Analysis oninnovation, regulations, and trends inthe blockchain sector, as it concerns Africa

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

A bi-weekly where tech career specialists take us on their journey from newbie to expert, and how they became successful in the industry.

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

A monthly series, where we catch up with founders in the startup ecosystem, learn about their failures, successes and a few tricks of the trade

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

Copy link