Are you looking to join some of the top companies/organisations in Nigeria? A number of them are currently recruiting techies. Read on to find a list of some of these organizations and the available job openings.
LAN Support Engineer at MTN Nigeria
Applications are ongoing for a LAN support Engineer at MTN Nigeria. This is a permanent position in the Network- planning Division based in Lagos. Closing date for application is not specified.
- To support network infrastructure across all MTN Nigeria corporate offices and data centre.
- Conduct research, evaluate LAN infrastructure and maintain level of occupational development.
- Assist in the design and planning of LAN infrastructure and ensure implementation across corporate offices And Data Centre.
- Install, upgrade and maintain all LAN items across corporate offices and data centre.
- Ensure availability of LAN for all corporate offices and data centre.
- Perform LAN support functions down to the last line of support before escalating to suppliers/service providers.
- Implement disaster recovery plans, capacity management and other LAN processes and procedures, ensuring LAN security and integrity are not compromised.
- Maintain a network management platform and ensure LAN security integrity.
- Configure and maintain the new routers and switches.
- Manage administrative network servers and network statistical servers.
- Provide firewall and remote access to users.
- Conduct research, evaluate LAN infrastructure and maintain level Of occupational development
- May be required to work extended hours
- Standby throughout the year
- Minimum qualification: BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech Or HND
- Experience and training: A tertiary qualification – preferably B.Sc Computer Science
- CCNA or CCNP is desirable
- 4 years experience which includes: 2 Years IT experience with exposure to most information systems areas training and technical training
Interested persons can apply on the company’s website
Data Assistant (Polio Lab Maiduguri) at World Health Organization(WHO)
The WHO is currently accepting applications for Data Assistant (Polio Lab in Maiduguri). This is a twelve month contract position. Application expires on the 18th of January 2017
Under the overall guidance of the Maiduguri Polio Laboratory Director and over all supervision of WHO Data Assistant, the staff will carry out the following specific task:
- Establish, maintain and up-date Polio laboratory databases pertaining to AFP/contact and lab result
- Perform data harmonisation and cleaning on all AFP data received using the WHO Data Quality Check and Harmonisation tool.
- Ensures weekly submission of the polio lab data to the director to share with AFRO as per the agreed timeline
- Provide regular feedback on any data harmonization issue to the concerned zone and state.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis feedback on key polio laboratory indicators
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the lab.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
Diploma in Computer Science, Statistics, data management or related field with additional data laboratory training.
- Working knowledge of laboratory, preferably Polio laboratory.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures
- Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
- At least 2 years’ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in Ms. Access database tool management.
Are you interested in this role? Apply on the WHO e-Recruitment portal
Strategic Information & Technology Associate at Palladium Nigeria
Palladium Nigeria is recruiting a Strategic Information (SI) and Technology Associate for the CDC-funded CCFN SUSTAIN Project. This is a full-time position based in Abuja and reporting to the SI Advisor. Application closes on 25th January 2017.
The services, job functions and responsibilities that the Employee will perform shall include, but are not limited to:
- Providing training and technical assistance to project local partner healthcare facilities staff for setting up computer networks, installation and upgrading of computer software including antivirus software
- Establishing and maintaining IQCare networks at the local partner facilities
- Working with Palladium Nigeria Core team whenever necessary to set up temporary networks for data entry, and training at various local partner facilities
- Routine maintenance of project and Palladium Nigeria computers
- Supporting all monitoring and evaluation for the project
- Providing backup data entry services at various local partner facilities where a backlog may exist
- Performing data entry when needed and supervising temporary data entrants as required
- Participating in CQI activities for the timely compilation and submission of reports to stakeholders
CQI activities to include data validation and cleaning at the various LPTFs as required
- Conducting site visits to local partner facilities as indicated
- Participating in implementation of activities in work plans, meetings for shared experiences, and additional trainings as required
- Attending conferences as required and performing any other tasks as directed by the SI Advisor or their respective designee
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems). Significant work experience in a directly related field will be considered in lieu of degree
- A minimum of 2 years work-related experience
- Experience with electronic medical records systems desirable; IQCare experience preferable
- Experience working with people with limited IT skills; conducting training
Interested candidates should apply here
ICT Associate at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
UNOCHA is currently seeking an IT Associate for their office in Maiduguri. This is a contract position with an initial contract period of 9 months.Application closes on 24th January 2017. Discover more details about this job.
- Under the guidance of the Administrative & Finance Officer in Borno, and technical supervision of the ICT Officer in Abuja, ICT Associate provides ICT services, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
- The ICT Associate works in close collaboration with the Administration unit, Programme and Operations teams in the CO and UNOCHA Field Offices in Maiduguri and other sub-offices when required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. University Degree in Computer Science desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
7 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
Fluency in English language
Interested in this role? Apply on the UNDP website
Job openings at SFCreator.com
SFCreator.com, a subsidiary of FinTECH startup is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
1. General Manager
2. Senior Java Developer
3. IT Support Specialist
Qualified & interested candidates should send CVs to [email protected]
Application deadline is January 18, 2017.
PHP Programmer/Web Application Developer at E-Web Management & Financial Consultant Limited
Applications are open for a PHP programmer/ Web developer position at E- Web Management & Financial Consultant Limited. This is a full time position based in Ibadan, Oyo state.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time and ensure projects are completed on time.
- Design, build and support web application.
- Interface with clients to understand their needs and translate this to the design and implementation of the application.
- Produce intuitive and appealing UI. Should possess the ability to develop logic, write codes, test, debug, document and install software in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Degree in Computer Science or any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Skilled in breaking down features into requirements, giving time estimates, and writing test procedures.
- Must be self-motivated, independent, proactive and an effective team player.
- PHP and MySQL, Any PHP Framework, Version Control.
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to [email protected] or call +2348038069143
On January 27, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship.
Report: Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Get a free overview and 50% purchase discount here.
Listen to Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa
Writer. Interested in EdTech and tech careers