Facebook is looking for a product management/development expert with a minimum of 2 years experience to take on a contractual position of a Growth Manager for 1 year plus to help Facebook grow.
According to Tim Neunzig, Growth Manager i18n at Facebook, this is an awesome job opportunity from the Internationalization team at Facebook for applicants based in Nigeria.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. Approximately 1.5 billion people and growing are using the service in over 100 languages. 83% of the people on Facebook are from outside North America and we continue to expand internationally.
Facebook is seeking a Growth Manager who is obsessed with technology, social media and business strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience in the consumer Internet and mobile space.
As a Growth Manager for Nigeria, you will lead Facebook to its full potential in the local market. With a deep understanding of the local competitive and product landscape, you will determine product gaps, identify growth opportunities, drive execution of growth initiatives, and add value to the Facebook user experience.
- Provide market insights – identify and monitor strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relevant for Facebook’s adoption in Nigeria
- Explore, Identify and Evaluate strategic growth opportunities
- Ensure product is fully functional and well adapted to be successful in Nigeria
- Partner with the Analytics organization to validate key findings with data
- Escalate to and drive solutions with product management for identified market specific product issues and gaps
- Design and execute a continuous testing plan for important end-to-end flows
- Track progress on market specific product improvements and measure impact
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into market specific product reviews
- Understand Facebook’s strategic and competitive position in Nigeria and work to improve it
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- 2+ years product development and/or testing experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of online and mobile business models and Internet/consumer technology
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up environment
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills in the primary market language and English
- Good project/product management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- BA/BS in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field or equivalent working experience
- Experience with social products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired
- Experience working in startups / successful entrepreneurial adventures and/or working in a global company/environment highly desired
Join the Facebook team and help connect the people in Nigeria whilst advancing your career to the next level. If interested in applying, send a short cover letter and resume to [email protected] Also share so a qualified candidate can see it.
From Built in Africa archives – MainOne: 10 years building West Africa’s internet infrastructure
On March 25, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship. Location: Fourpoint by Sheraton, V.I. Lagos.