The Internet of Things Industry in Africa may face a number of challenges that will hinder its growth, such as lack of infrastructure, security, privacy and an adequate skills gap. The same challenges presents great opportunities for investors and innovative enterprises. In the midst of intense global discussions on how to seize the IoT opportunity, the SMART Events Group brings you The Internet of Things Africa Summit (IoTAS 2016 and SMART Expo) which is scheduled to take place from the 24th – 25th of May 2016 at the TicketPro Dome, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa under theme:
The Socio-Economic Impact & Potential of IoT in Africa – Opportunities, Challenges & Solutions
The IoT is a giant network of connected “things” (which also includes people). The relationship will be between people-people, people-things, and things-things. Simply put this is the concept of basically connecting any device with an on and off switch to the Internet (and/or to each other). The era of Internet of Things is here with a potential to radically transform businesses and society. The number of connected devices that can share data is growing exponentially, with estimates of up to 75 billion devices being connected to the Internet by 2020.
Internet of Things Africa Summit 2016 & SMART Expo is a 2 day professional summit focused on helping the ecosystem players to harness the IoT opportunities, address existing concerns and to shape their strategies. IoTAS 2016 will discuss local, regional and global state of the industry with its progress, challenges and outlook.
With a comprehensive conference agenda covering everything from verticals including automotive (connected car), healthcare & wearables, asset and fleet management (transport & logistics), manufacturing, security, retail point of sales, smart grid smart metering, smart home and consumer electronic industry, smart buildings, smart cites, energy and utilities as well as precision agriculture IoTAS 2016 & SMART Expo boasts a well rounded IoT agenda significant for the African market.
- Forge partnerships and collaboratons to generate value from IoT.
- Understand the impact IoT will have on your current business model and how to stay ahead of the curb.
- Find out how to capitalize on the Internet of Things to take advantage of the new markets in this connected world.
- Be part of conversations that matter about the next generation data handling strategies. How is IoT determining the value of data?
- Keynote speakers from most innovatve companies will share lessons learned from IoT deployments, technological advancements in specific domains, and future industry trends.
- Discover the secrets behind efficient and effective product and lifecycle management for your future strategies.
- Realise the potental of IoT in your current business and how it will affect your organizatonal structure.
- Learn how to secure your operatonal technology and IoT applicatons for a safer business ecosystem.
- Be part of an exhibiton where companies will showcase the latest IoT innovatons in their industry including prototypes, live demonstratons (including those of Testbeds), projects and real-life applicatons.
Interested companies may now register as delegates, exhibitors in one of SMART Expo Zone or invest in sponsorship in one or all of the Summit segments.
Newsbites: Spotify in Africa
On March 25, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship. Location: Fourpoint by Sheraton, V.I. Lagos.
I love telling stories using text, pictures and videos. It’s all about the little details.