Startupper is an initiative launched by Total Kenya and also in 34 other African Countries simultaneously to motivate and support young entrepreneurs with an aim of promoting economic development. This contest aims at identifying, rewarding and accompanying the best projects in enterprise creation or development (less than 2-years old) in Kenya. The winning projects will be granted the ‘Startupper of the year 2016 by Total’ label, with financial support and mentorship from Total Kenya.
Who can participate?
- Startups less than 2 years old in any business activity field with potential for economic development
- Contestants who are not more than 35 years of age
- Citizens of the country where the application is submitted
- Not employees of Total Group
- Projects with potential for local transformation and contribution to sustainable added value e.g replacement of imports, improvement of living standards
- Potential for long term Job creation
- Innovativeness of the project
- Expertise of the entrepreneurial team
- Profitability potential
- The project’s boldness & originality
The overall winner will walk away with KSH 2.5M (approximately $25,000), 1st Runners up KSH 1.5M AND 2nd runners up KSH 1M .
In addition to Cash Prizes, Winners will benefit from Coaching and Training from the partners as well as any other Business added value products Partners are willing to offer
1st November 2015 (8.00 AM GMT) -The application process will start directly available on the website: http://startupper.total.com/.
Candidates will be able to apply until 31st January 2016 (11.00 PM GMT).
The finalists’ will be published on the website of the contest, by 28th February 2016.
15th March 2016- The candidates’ pitch takes place and the jury selects up to three of the best projects and the results will be announced during the awards ceremony