In celebration of mobile, technology and entrepreneurship and their positive impact on Africa, AppsAfrica is calling on innovators of the continent to apply for the Appsafrica.com Innovation Awards.
The Appsafrica.com Innovation Awards welcomes innovations that must have been launched in at least one African market, irrespective of where the company started from.
There are 10 categories of the award, applications in each category must clearly demonstrate innovation using mobile or technology to meet the needs of any African market(s).
- Best Disruptive Innovation: in recognition of disruptive innovation and new business model changing the continent
- Best Mobile Innovation: for innovative mobile service that’s targeted at African businesses and consumers
- Best Non Data Mobile Innovation (using SMS/USSD/ IVR): this category is for innovations that doesn’t rely on mobile data to serve Africans
- Best African App: for successfully launched application that’s targeted at Africa businesses and consumers
- Best Fintech Innovation: the best solution in the fintech sector on the continent
- Best Health Innovation: innovations that are improving the health of Africans, using mobile or other technologies
- Best Educational Innovation: for solutions that are working at improving the education sector
- Social Impact Award: for the use of technology to make a positive social impact
- Best entertainment innovation: for the best entertainment innovation
- Women in Tech Award: to recognise the female folks that are driving innovation in Africa
Applications for all categories are open till midnight September 10th 2015. The finalists would be announced in October 2015 and will be invited to be part of the awards party in Cape Town, South Africa on November 16th, 2015. Apply here.
NEW EPISODE OUT! Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa
NEW REPORT: Nigerian startups raised $28.35m in Q2 2020; only about 4.5% of that came from local investors. Find out more in the full report.