In celebration of mobile, technology and entrepreneurship and their positive impact on Africa, AppsAfrica is calling on innovators of the continent to apply for the Appsafrica.com Innovation Awards.
The Appsafrica.com Innovation Awards welcomes innovations that must have been launched in at least one African market, irrespective of where the company started from.
There are 10 categories of the award, applications in each category must clearly demonstrate innovation using mobile or technology to meet the needs of any African market(s).
- Best Disruptive Innovation: in recognition of disruptive innovation and new business model changing the continent
- Best Mobile Innovation: for innovative mobile service that’s targeted at African businesses and consumers
- Best Non Data Mobile Innovation (using SMS/USSD/ IVR): this category is for innovations that doesn’t rely on mobile data to serve Africans
- Best African App: for successfully launched application that’s targeted at Africa businesses and consumers
- Best Fintech Innovation: the best solution in the fintech sector on the continent
- Best Health Innovation: innovations that are improving the health of Africans, using mobile or other technologies
- Best Educational Innovation: for solutions that are working at improving the education sector
- Social Impact Award: for the use of technology to make a positive social impact
- Best entertainment innovation: for the best entertainment innovation
- Women in Tech Award: to recognise the female folks that are driving innovation in Africa
Applications for all categories are open till midnight September 10th 2015. The finalists would be announced in October 2015 and will be invited to be part of the awards party in Cape Town, South Africa on November 16th, 2015. Apply here.
Jan. 18: Bonus Built in Africa episode: Town Hall meeting with Peter Salovey, President of Yale University
On March 25, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship. Location: Fourpoint by Sheraton, V.I. Lagos
Report: Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Get a free overview and 50% purchase discount here.