Is Tecno building a 4G/LTE Android Lollipop phone?

by | Jul 13, 2015

A leaked image of an unnamed Android device branded by Tecno just got to us. From the looks of it, Tecno is probably still experimenting with the device as it appears to run Vanilla Android – a customized UI version of Android. But if you observe the on-screen icons at the bottom, it is definitely Android Lollipop 5.0.

More photos reveal further details about the device. It features a dual flash camera. From what we gather, similar to the Tecno Boom music phone series, this range is all about camera. Our source on the inside also hints at the possibility of 4G/LTE connectivity support.

From the below, our guess is that it will also feature a 5-inch screen. But like we said before, this is probably only a demo unit, so we can’t be sure

The prospects are exciting and should this phone see the light of day, we can expect to see more of this type of phone from Tecno.

Múyìwá Mátùlúkò
Múyìwá Mátùlúkò

Chief Servant. I bully myself because I make me do what I put my mind to.

On January 22, 2022, be part of the largest gathering of innovators, startup founders, thinkers, programmers, policymakers, and investors in West Africa. Register free.

Notify of
guest
10 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
SolaJ
SolaJ
6 years ago

So, the Camon C8 was even the whole flagship demo? LOL. Tecno sha.

nonichuks
nonichuks
Reply to  SolaJ
6 years ago

No, I don’t think so. Camon C8 has 13mp camera. This is another phone entirely.

Ben Okafor
Ben Okafor
6 years ago

Great phone. I like the specs

SolaJ
SolaJ
Reply to  Ben Okafor
6 years ago

Yeah! It looks powerful. Do you realize it has a flashlight for the front camera? LOL. See the pictures again.

Ben Okafor
Ben Okafor
Reply to  SolaJ
6 years ago

Flashlight? Where?

JanethDow
JanethDow
6 years ago

I heard it would come out this month but please someone should tell me the exact date naaaa

KENSHI
KENSHI
6 years ago

I have no prejudice, but I’ll definitely try out the phone on it’s release.

Tbadejo25
Tbadejo25
6 years ago

Is Tecno trying to mesmerize us with these new releases? Yes, they are and they are succeeding too.

Bakkajo
Bakkajo
6 years ago

We also await more of this type of phone from Tecno

hokaamoy
hokaamoy
6 years ago

So many good phones, I’m confused now. 🙁

Recent News

A daily 5-minute roundup of happenings in African and global tech, sent directly to your email inbox, between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m (WAT) every week day!

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

A monthly series featuring in-depth analysis on the cryptocurrency sector in Africa

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

A bi-weekly where tech career specialists take us on their journey from newbie to expert, and how they became successful in the industry.

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

A monthly series, where we catch up with founders in the startup ecosystem, learn about their failures, successes and a few tricks of the trade

Please check your email to confirm your subscription.

Copy link