Wennovation hub recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Informa Telecoms & Media, a provider of events, research and training to the global telecoms and media community, to jointly organize the maiden edition of Entrepreneurs Hub For Startups at the forthcoming NigeriaCom 2015.
NigeriaCom is a conference and exhibition designed to support and serve knowledge and content development for the ICT industry in Nigeria.
Entrepreneurs Hub at NigeriaCom 2015 will grant 5 startups the opportunity to pitch their ideas before a panel of judges to win prizes and an additional 15 startups along with the Top 5 to enroll in a mentorship program facilitated by Informa & Wennovation Hub.
The purpose of the Entrepreneurs’ hub is to bolster support for the start-up community by offering local innovators a chance to network with multinationals and leading private sector players in ICT through panel debates at the conference and crucially through workshops, a mentorship scheme, seed investment styled in a ‘pitch & win’ session and a golden opportunity for 1 startup to showcase their products and services at Africa’s biggest ICT stage.
The East African Edition of the Entrepreneurs Hub For Startups was co-organized by iHub in Nairobi in May 2015. Winners of the regional editions will receive a trip to Cape Town, South Africa to be enrolled at the Entrepreneurs Incubator Hub (A-Hub) at AfricaCom, 17-19 November 2015.
NigeriaCom 2015 Edition Event Schedule
- Application opens July 1, 2015 and closes August 12, 2015
- 2 separate lists will be released on August 14, 2015:
- Top 5 start-up for the “Pitch & Win” at NigeriaCom 2015
- Top 20 start-up for the year-long Mentorship Program
- September 22, 2015; “Pitch & Win” Session for the Top 5 at the Entrepreneurs Hub, NigeriaCom 2015. Presentations are instantly judged by a panel of industry players and winner announced.
- Post September 22, 2015 – Top 20 Mentorship Program for 12 months by industry leaders
- November 17-19; Grand Finale of “Pitch & Win” at A-Hub, AfricaCom in November 2015
NigeriaCom takes place this year from the 22nd – 23rd of September at the Oriental Hotel Lagos.