The Co-creation Hub is calling for awesome startup ideas in the key areas of Governance, Transportation, Healthcare, Education, Food Security and the Environment, through its 2015 “Call for Ideas” programme.
With a reward of up to $25,000 in investment, as well as networks and market entry support, up for grabs, the CcHub welcomes everyone to submit truly innovative ideas that will solve uniquely Nigerian problems.
We believe that by engaging a community of progressive stakeholders (end-users, subject matter experts, government agencies, businesses, academics, civil societies etc.) who bring their creativity and knowledge to play we can co-create solutions to social challenges faced by the average Nigerian.Advertisement
There are 5 stipulated guidelines for creating innovative solutions:
- Solve ONE clear problem: focus on one problem and not many
- Understand the problem: observing the environment, infrastructure, culture and lives of people by being there.
- Think creatively: start big, use constraints as a filter and find the simplest solution.
- Identify a service gap: is there a service that isn’t being provided or not being provided to a satisfactory manner
- Deliver value: what are the benefits for people using the end product, does it improve a persons life?
Ideas should be submitted by Sunday 31 May 2015. Ideas will be assessed by a panel, and those whose ideas are selected will be invited for an interview. Following this, the most viable ideas will be taken into the CcHub Pre-Incubation and Incubation Programmes.
Want more stories like this? Subscribe to the Techpoint Africa Newsletter.
New Report: Nigerian startups raised a combined $38.01m in Q3 2019, just 7% higher than Q3 2018. Download the report.
Attend Techpoint Startup School, a 5-day intensive training for budding African tech founders and CEOs. Classes start 2nd of December. Enrol now.