We are pleased to announce the launch of our Conflux Ecosystem Grants Program!
About the Conflux Ecosystem Grants Program
The Conflux Ecosystem Grants Program aims to fund entrepreneurs, engineers, and evangelists who have the vision to catapult innovations in software development, research, education, and community building for the Conflux Network ecosystem.
Our grants program application process will be launched in waves. In the first wave, we are looking to support submissions that are focused on supporting infrastructure tools for developers to build highly scalable products and DApps that drive the innovations and augment the composability of our technology stack to bring more users and developers to the decentralized world. The categories we are interested in funding through this grants program are mentioned below.
Tools and Infrastructure
Development tools and infrastructure components that will make the Conflux Network easily accessible and composable.
- Development Environments like frameworks, IDEs, and security tools to attract existing developers to build on Conflux and tools that bridge the gap for new programmers to become blockchain developers.
- Blockchain Bridges to other established networks for asset and state transfers and facilitate the interoperability and cross-chain composability of blockchains that are crucial to the growth of Web3.
- Oracles for prices, identity, land management, intellectual property, etc. that are a key component in facilitating the transition from Web2 to Web3 and a critical link to real-world information.
- Mobile Development tools like SDKs, Key Management, Wallets, and others that can put blockchain applications on devices across the world in a safe, secure, and reliable manner.
- Token standards for NFTS, RFTS, fungible token equivalents, presenting novel ways of tokenizing assets or information, with the potential to form methodologies and standards that can be applied to various use cases.
DApps to drive user adoption, liquidity, and composability on Conflux Network.
- DEXs for Swap/AMM (Automated Market Making), perpetual swap (futures), leverage trading, exotic derivatives (options and synthetic assets) that will be crucial for next-generation DeFi and grow our DEX ecosystem through new types of exchanges and swappable assets.
- Token projects like non-USD Stablecoins, Cross-chain BTC, ETH, Gold custodian backed tokens, others backed by different assets in order to diversify the economic activity on Conflux Network.
- Payment channel on Conflux with USDT (or other Stablecoins) for micropayments and settlement scenarios like gaming, tipping, gifts, etc. by leveraging our super-low transaction fees and fast confirmation time, reducing the barriers of adoption.
- Identity Solutions like Decentralized ID, user control data exchanges, automated KYC that are integral to create new applications for broader adoption of the Web3 space.
- Lending & Borrowing platforms as they are powerful components of our growing DeFi ecosystem that will give users the ability to lend and borrow, and grow their assets.
Grant Funding Tiers
The projects applying for grants are eligible for funding of up to $50k based on the grants category, market potential, and alignment with the Conflux Network’s vision. The grant amounts mentioned below are in USD and the funds will, subject to eligibility and the terms and conditions of the Program, be disbursed in CFX post full Mainnet launch.
Tier 1 – Grant amount up to $15k per project that can be completed in 0-2 months
Tier 2 – Grant amount up to $50k per project that can be completed in 2-6 months
The approval process for Projects applying for Tier 1 grants is faster than projects applying for Tier 2. Preference will be given to projects that are not planning on having 100% of their early-stage funding covered through the Conflux Ecosystem Grants.
We are looking for tangible outcomes in a fixed timeframe from the projects that apply for the grants. Few important points that would make a successful application are:
- The project work should be in progress and open-source for community use. This will be helpful for transparency and quicker due diligence for decision making.
- The teams should have experience in delivering blockchain solutions in the past and strong track records that are quantifiable.
- Projects should be working towards tangible outcomes that can be achieved in a set timeframe, preferably 6 months or less. We are looking for sharpshooters with a precise, actionable aim in mind.
- Projects should be able to clearly disclose what the grant shall be used for with a detailed breakdown of costs.
- The teams need to demonstrate a long term commitment to build and operate the solutions on the Conflux Network, thus mutually beneficial for the growth of the platform and the products that are built.
How to Apply For a Grant
To apply for the Ecosystem Grants Program, please visit grants.confluxnetwork.org
Get in Touch With Us
If you have any questions about the grants process, please email us at [email protected]
NEW REPORT: Nigerian startups raised $28.35m in Q2 2020; only about 4.5% of that came from local investors. Find out more in the full report.
Introducing the Built in Africa podcast, which spotlights African startups, innovators and everything that makes them tick. Listen and subscribe here.
Techpoint Build 2020 is holding virtually in August. Register free now to attend.