Bordeaux, France is inviting 1,000 African entrepreneurs to visit and present their solutions at the Cité des Solutions, an exhibition dedicated to projects and solutions for the city and sustainable territories. It will be held during the 28th edition of the Africa-France Summit.
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020 – Saturday, June 6, 2020.
To apply for the 1000 Challenge, you must meet the following basic criteria:
- Be an African entrepreneur, having an activity related to one of the seven districts of the Cité des Solutions
- The company must have a legal existence (status filed)
- The company must have a growing turnover
- Be the bearer of a viable product or solution, which must be innovative or duplicable, at a lower cost, to make French and African cities more environmentally and socially sustainable
THE JURY WILL PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO:
- Gender parity – female candidates are encouraged!
- The geographic balance of origin of the entrepreneurs
- The balance of themes in the seven districts.
Apply here before the February 28 deadline.
Please take this online self-screening test to help ensure you are safe from the COVID-19 pandemic here.
Nigerian startups raised $377m in 2019, more than twice what they did in 2018. Find out more when you download the full report.