The FCMB-Wennovation Agritech Incubation Programme, in conjunction with Wennovation Hub, is set out to guide early-stage AgriTech Start-ups across Nigeria to test and validate their ideas as well as gather their first set of customers or pivot, if need be. This will be done through a combination of financial support, guidance, and training. The secondary objective is to prepare these start-ups for acceleration.
The goal of the 2019 incubation is to:
- Expose 10 teams across Nigeria to the root of the pre-defined problem statement by merging an in-depth problem definition strategy with an immersion process.
- Support at least top 10 teams with a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product to build a sustainable business model by taking them through a design thinking workshop and subsequently a 3 weeks incubation program.
- Support at least top 2 Agritech start-ups with seed investments and grants.
- Offer access to experienced mentors and a cohort structure that encourages peer learning and support.
- Provide opportunities to connect with potential customers and investors.
At the end of calls for application, 10 Agritech start-ups will be selected for the incubation program. The program will be concluded with a pitching competition at the demo day where 2 Agritech startups will win a total of N3million in Grants.
To apply, click here
Want more articles like this? Subscribe now to our newsletter for periodic updates on African startups, innovation and tech.
New Report: Nigerian startups raised $24.7 million in Q2 2019, 40% higher than Q1. Find out more in the latest quarterly edition of the Nigerian Startup Funding Report here.