The FCMB-Wennovation Agritech Incubation Programme, in conjunction with Wennovation Hub, is set out to guide early-stage AgriTech Start-ups across Nigeria to test and validate their ideas as well as gather their first set of customers or pivot, if need be. This will be done through a combination of financial support, guidance, and training. The secondary objective is to prepare these start-ups for acceleration.
The goal of the 2019 incubation is to:
- Expose 10 teams across Nigeria to the root of the pre-defined problem statement by merging an in-depth problem definition strategy with an immersion process.
- Support at least top 10 teams with a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product to build a sustainable business model by taking them through a design thinking workshop and subsequently a 3 weeks incubation program.
- Support at least top 2 Agritech start-ups with seed investments and grants.
- Offer access to experienced mentors and a cohort structure that encourages peer learning and support.
- Provide opportunities to connect with potential customers and investors.
At the end of calls for application, 10 Agritech start-ups will be selected for the incubation program. The program will be concluded with a pitching competition at the demo day where 2 Agritech startups will win a total of N3million in Grants.
To apply, click here
On January 27, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship.
Report: Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Get a free overview and 50% purchase discount here.
Listen to Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa