HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has today announced that the Nokia 5.1 Plus will now begin receiving the latest Android operating system, Android 9 Pie. With Android 9 Pie upgrade arriving on the Nokia 5.1 Plus, a total of seven Nokia smartphones would be running the latest Android OS, giving users access to the latest features from Google. The Android 9 Pie update ensures that Nokia smartphones improve with time, thanks to intuitive AI which learns user habits to ensure the most effective and efficient experience.
Users combining Nokia handsets with Android 9 Pie will enjoy ever-improving functionality as their smartphone understands how they use it daily. Features such as predictive system navigation constantly adjust and anticipate user’s needs.
Android 9 Pie brings a host of impressive new features to the Nokia 5.1 Plus users, including App Actions and Digital Wellbeing, brand-new features exclusive to Android One devices and Google Pixel phones.
Key features of Android 9 Pie
· App Actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
· Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favorite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
· Adaptive Battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power on important apps
· Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions
· New system navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
Digital Wellbeing features:
· Dashboard – Highlights screen time and phone usage including how many times the device has been unlocked and the number of notifications received
· App Timers – Set time limits on app usage
· Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale, while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb anytime you want to disconnect.
NEW REPORT: Nigerian startups raised $17.6m in Q1 2019, 8.5% higher than they did in Q1 2018. Find out more in the latest quarterly edition of the Nigerian Startup Funding Report here.
On the 1st of June 2019, Techpoint will host over 3,000 leading experts, enthusiasts, innovators, entrepreneurs, career professionals, and policymakers in Lagos at #TechpointInspired, the largest tech conference in West Africa, where issues Future of Work, AI & Robotics & Blockchain and many more will be discussed Techpoint Inspired. Register now.
There will be a private dinner for Speaker and VIP holders on the 2nd of June. Get a ticket now