Nigerian startups using technology to solve local issues, can apply to participate in the United Kingdom’s Go Global 2019 programme.
For startups this an “exciting and intensive programme in the UK to learn how to build their business to develop global solutions.”
They will also learn to improve their business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s tech sector and work with UK expertise to take their business to the next level
Successful applicants will be sponsored to join a delegation of ambitious African startups to the UK for a 2-week immersive programme in March 2019.
Criteria for eligibility;
- Post MVP stage with a live product in the market
- Demonstrable evidence of some customer traction
- Have not raised more than £2m of investment
- Active in fields aimed to create a better future for Africa, with a specific focus on
- Digital Health, Fintech and Agritech.
- Led by a founder/s who have a strong sense of commitment and drive to strengthen the local ecosystem for other start-ups to grow and thrive by passing on the learning from this opportunity to their communities and acting as future champions of the Tech Hub’s work.
- Ambitions to expand regionally and internationally in the future.
Applications end by 12 PM on the 30th of January 2019. To get more information and register, interested startups can check this Google Docs file.
On the 1st of June, 2019 over 5000 tech experts and enthusiasts will convene at Techpoint Inspired to explore the impact of technologies like AI, robotics, blockchain, cloud computing in solving Africa’s problems. Register now to be a part of it.
Nigerian startups raised $178m from 166 deals in 2018. Find out more when you purchase Techpoint’s Nigerian Startup Funding Report 2018 here.