Sterling Bank Plc in partnership with SMEToolKit recently announced the launch of The Pitch Nigeria, a startup competition designed to not only develop but to strengthen the entrepreneurial and managerial capabilities of entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Some of the listed criteria include; creativity and disruption of your chosen business sector, the ideal Startup has to be breaking norms in their different fields.
Do you know someone running a disruptive startup business or are you the one? Then this is for you.
The areas that are focused on are
- Renewable Energy
- ICT businesses
There are 3 levels for the selection process:
- One thousand (1,000) successful applicants will go through a-3 weeks online class
- 200 of the participants will be invited for the second level
- After a selection process, 50 SMEs will be invited to a three (3) day boot camp as part of the Sterling bank “SME Academy”.
Once the final pitching session is done, the 3 finalist will win up to N10 million in funding and business support.
If you know you got what it takes or you know someone that does, then see how to apply below.
How to apply
- You must be a business owner (both start-up and existing businesses)
- You must be between 18 years to 65 years
- Applications start from 6th October 2018
Newsbites: Spotify in Africa
On March 25, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship. Location: Fourpoint by Sheraton, V.I. Lagos.