Genesys Tech hub is on a journey to contribute to the diversification of the Nigerian economy.
GenesysIGNITE – One of the biggest annual Tech Convergence will explore latest technology trends & its role in building national economy and also to proffer professional insight particularly for participating startups, as a strategic imperative to realize growth opportunities.
GenesysIGNITE is an annual Tech convergence that seeks to congregate young Entrepreneurs/Startups, Industry Leaders, Visionaries, Innovators, CTOs, CIOs, Engineers, Developers, Designers, and Tech Enthusiasts, with a main objective to explore latest technology trends & its role in building national economy and to proffer professional insights particularly for the participating startups.
In addition to this, the event will promote and display the stellar achievements of the country’s young entrepreneurs, with outstanding business solutions, leveraging innovative technologies and digital initiatives. GenesysIGNITE will expose participating startups to potential mentors and investors during the event; ultimately seeking to become a catalyst for more innovative solutions.
Graduates, undergraduates and budding-entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their start-up ideas to a panel. The top innovative ventures will be granted a seed fund of up to USD30, 000.00 (thirty thousand US Dollars) in cash and support. The GenesysIGNITE second edition has, as partners, key stakeholders in the Business and Technology space including:
- The Office of the Vice President- responsible for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Federal Minister of Science & Technology
- Tech giants- Huawei, Google, HP, Dell/EMC, Microsoft & IBM
- The International Community- the German Consulate, delegates of New Economy & Startups, German Industry and Commerce and other government functionaries
Event Details – GenesysIGNITE:
Date: 16th November 2018
Time: 10:00am prompt
Venue: Office Complex, Tenece Group, Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City (The Centenary city), Enugu State.
Genesys Ignite 2018 will be chaired by Chief Ken Nnamani, Former President of the Senate.
- Mac Atasie – Chief Executive Officer Nextzon Business Services Limited.
- Jude Abaga (MI) – Chief Executive Officer Chocolate City
- Chief Osita Chidoka – Former Honourable Minister of Aviation
- Patrick Okigbo – Principal Partner at Nextier Advisory.
- Kingsley Eze – Managing Director/CEO, Tenece Professional Services Limited.
PANELISTS (The Importance of Human Capital Development in Driving Innovation)
- Prof. Nwajiuba – Vice Chancellor, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo.
- Frank Nweke Jnr – Former Honourable Minister of Information & Communications
- Emeka Okoye – Senior Semantic Web Architect Cymantiks Nigeria Limited.
- Solape Agagu – Co-Founder at Impact Hub Lagos.
- Ifeanyi Okoye – Chief Executive Officer JUHEL Nigeria Limited.
The chief host of the event is Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Executive Governor of Enugu State.
The Genesys Technology Hub (‘Genesys’) – an ideas, creativity and knowledge-based platform is a people and business capacity-development initiative designed to drive innovation, productivity and economic output in Nigeria with base in Enugu, Nigeria (Office Space – located in Centenary City, Enugu). The objective is to build a sustainable and effective model that would exponentially drive economic productivity in Nigeria as a whole through youth development – essentially affecting the quality of life of the people through capacity building and job creation (driven by Entrepreneurship).
Specifically, the Hub is designed to serve the following purposes:
- A Centre for learning and development in the area of digital design, software engineering and business development
- The nucleus of a collaborative community of talented individuals whose creativity & novelty will fuel a technology revolution and business innovation in Nigeria.
- An enabling environment for startups in the tech industry, to expand their reach and increase traction by gaining more access to markets and resources that would otherwise be out of their reach.
In the past four years, Genesys has been consciously building capacity by training young tech enthusiast and supporting young entrepreneurs with tech-based business ideas. In this regard, she has graduated over 250 young software developers and trained over 900 tech enthusiasts, funded six startups and supported over 35 SME businesses.
To learn more about Genesys Technology Hub, visit http://www.genesystechhub.com
To learn more about GenesysIGNITE visit http://ignite.genesystechhub.com
On the 1st of June, 2019 over 5000 tech experts and enthusiasts will convene at Techpoint Inspired to explore the impact of technologies like AI, robotics, blockchain, cloud computing in solving Africa’s problems. Register now to be a part of it.
Nigerian startups raised $178m from 166 deals in 2018. Find out more when you purchase Techpoint’s Nigerian Startup Funding Report 2018 here.