We have been touring the city of Port Harcourt, and curating a list of some interesting tech job openings for you while at it. Apply for roles you are interested in as soon as you can.
Kenya Correspondent at Techpoint
Job type: Remote
Application deadline: November 8, 2017 (12 noon, EAT )
Techpoint is looking to add an enterprising, energetic and self-motivated Kenya-based individual to the team. This is a part-time, remote position.
- Must be based in or around Nairobi, Kenya.
- Must be passionate about startups and technology reporting.
- Relevant digital skills are an added advantage
Interested in this role? Send a pitch email of no more than 40 words (no resumes please) to email@example.com, using Kenya Correspondent as the subject line.
Applications that do not follow instructions will be disqualified. Good luck!
Mobile Application Developer at Imaxinacion Technologies Limited
Job type: Full time
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Application deadline: November 17, 2017
- Design and build applications for the iOS or Android platform
- Proficient with Objective-C/Swift or Java
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Must be highly proficient and have hands-on-experience in mobile application development.
- To apply for this role send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphic Designer at Imaxinacion Technologies Limited
Job type: Full Time
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Video Editing
- After effect
Applicant must have hands-on-experience on Graphic Design.
Send applications to email@example.com
Information Technology Engineer at Cirrus Energy
Location: Lagos. Nigeria
- Installation of OS and required service packages: both open source and proprietary
- Updating and Maintaining OS and software to the latest releases, patches etc..
- Implement security tools and practices across servers and applications/services.
- Implementation, operation, and management of services like web, mail, DNS, billing etc.
- Record Servers and services/applications log and analyze them.
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent in IT related course.
- At least 5-8 years experience in a similar role.
- Professional IT qualification will be an added advantage.
- Proven IT experience in a fast-paced environment.
Interested in this role? Click here to apply.
Database Administrator at AXA Mansard Pensions Limited
- Provide technical support to departmental and end-users.
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of database software.
- Creation of databases and database maintenance
- Database backup and recovery
- Performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in the appropriate format, and in a timely manner.
- Provide database reports as requested by departmental and end-users.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server suite.
- Good understanding of Information Technology infrastructure (networking, servers, application architecture, databases).
- Conceptual thinker, problem-solver, and solution driven.
Click here to apply for this position.
Incubator Fellow at MEST Incubator
Location: Accra, Ghana
Application deadline: November 15, 2017
- Work closely with 3 to 5 assigned portfolio companies to scope and prioritize projects, understand user needs, and translate them into requirements.
- Lead analysis of core metrics and KPIs including user engagement and retention.
- Advise the team in other areas of business growth as needed (eg. user acquisition, recruitment) and connect them to resources that help them achieve their goals.
- Liaise with company and incubator management. This will include making sure that reports and KPIs are reported accurately and on time.
- 2-4 years experience in an operational role at technology startups, or a consulting background.
- Strong user acquisition instincts and can help a team market what they’ve built.
- You’re able to communicate clearly and convincingly with different stakeholders, including portfolio founders, MEST management, potential hires, and investors.
Find out more details about this role and apply here.
Previously featured jobs
- Cybersecurity Manager – Risk Assurance Services at PwC
- Software Developers (Frontend, Backend, and Mobile App) at Shopp!ng
- UI/UX Designer at Shopp!ng
Developers working in/from Nigeria, Techpoint is conducting a survey to determine your overall job satisfaction. Please take out just 5 minutes to participate in the anonymous survey. Thank you.
Early-stage startup? Get exposure and a chance to win $10,000 at Techpoint Build West Africa. Register now or before October 31, 2018.