We have been touring the city of Port Harcourt, and curating a list of some interesting tech job openings for you while at it. Apply for roles you are interested in as soon as you can.
Kenya Correspondent at Techpoint
Job type: Remote
Application deadline: November 8, 2017 (12 noon, EAT )
Techpoint is looking to add an enterprising, energetic and self-motivated Kenya-based individual to the team. This is a part-time, remote position.
- Must be based in or around Nairobi, Kenya.
- Must be passionate about startups and technology reporting.
- Relevant digital skills are an added advantage
Interested in this role? Send a pitch email of no more than 40 words (no resumes please) to email@example.com, using Kenya Correspondent as the subject line.
Applications that do not follow instructions will be disqualified. Good luck!
Mobile Application Developer at Imaxinacion Technologies Limited
Job type: Full time
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Application deadline: November 17, 2017
- Design and build applications for the iOS or Android platform
- Proficient with Objective-C/Swift or Java
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Must be highly proficient and have hands-on-experience in mobile application development.
- To apply for this role send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphic Designer at Imaxinacion Technologies Limited
Job type: Full Time
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Video Editing
- After effect
Applicant must have hands-on-experience on Graphic Design.
Send applications to email@example.com
Information Technology Engineer at Cirrus Energy
Location: Lagos. Nigeria
- Installation of OS and required service packages: both open source and proprietary
- Updating and Maintaining OS and software to the latest releases, patches etc..
- Implement security tools and practices across servers and applications/services.
- Implementation, operation, and management of services like web, mail, DNS, billing etc.
- Record Servers and services/applications log and analyze them.
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent in IT related course.
- At least 5-8 years experience in a similar role.
- Professional IT qualification will be an added advantage.
- Proven IT experience in a fast-paced environment.
Interested in this role? Click here to apply.
Database Administrator at AXA Mansard Pensions Limited
- Provide technical support to departmental and end-users.
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of database software.
- Creation of databases and database maintenance
- Database backup and recovery
- Performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in the appropriate format, and in a timely manner.
- Provide database reports as requested by departmental and end-users.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server suite.
- Good understanding of Information Technology infrastructure (networking, servers, application architecture, databases).
- Conceptual thinker, problem-solver, and solution driven.
Click here to apply for this position.
Incubator Fellow at MEST Incubator
Location: Accra, Ghana
Application deadline: November 15, 2017
- Work closely with 3 to 5 assigned portfolio companies to scope and prioritize projects, understand user needs, and translate them into requirements.
- Lead analysis of core metrics and KPIs including user engagement and retention.
- Advise the team in other areas of business growth as needed (eg. user acquisition, recruitment) and connect them to resources that help them achieve their goals.
- Liaise with company and incubator management. This will include making sure that reports and KPIs are reported accurately and on time.
- 2-4 years experience in an operational role at technology startups, or a consulting background.
- Strong user acquisition instincts and can help a team market what they’ve built.
- You’re able to communicate clearly and convincingly with different stakeholders, including portfolio founders, MEST management, potential hires, and investors.
Find out more details about this role and apply here.