Searching for a job? We bring you more tech job vacancies this week. Follow the instructions specified for each role to apply.
Software Developer at Prevalent Systems Nigeria Limited
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Alimosho, Lagos
Deadline: August 31, 2016
- Read and understand software requirement specifications and conceptual/physical system models as presented by the client's software architect/design team, and develop software components, including business objects and services as well as intuitive modern user interface on target platforms.
- Provide technical documentation on software component implementation.
- Provide technical support to the firm's implementation engineers, including diagnosis and resolution of system failures and malfunctions, specifications of target platform requirements, development and delivery of corrective measures.
- Development of test data for the quality assurance test, system capacity and stress simulation of the firm's systems prior to delivery, under varying use cases.
- Occasional deployment of firms software on client sites"
- Proficiency in C#, and/or Java programming language, including the newer language constructs such as Lamda expressions, and their usage in modern programming paradigms.
- Proficiency in modern development frameworks, such as APS.NET MVC, Web API, Entity Framework and Hibernate ORM, LINQ, Java Spring and Maven
- For Java development, candidate must demonstrate proficiency in J2EE development
- Knowledge of EDI formats such as XML, Jason
- Basic knowledge of SQL and DBMS data access (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS3 and HTML5
- Excellent knowledge of any of the following IDEs: Visual Studio 2015, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse.
- Knowledge of mobile development frameworks and IDEs such as Xamarin is an advantage.
- Not more than 25 years
- 3+ years direct hands on experience.
To apply for this role send CV to [email protected]
Application Administrator at AB Microfinance Bank
Application deadline: August 18, 2017
Be the smartest in the room
- Full CBS Support in all branches and Head Office (Frontend users And Backend)
- Execution Of CBS Day end and Month End Run
- Run relevant scripts for Support and routine software backups
- Administration of Test PCs and Test Server for CBS and all other software
- Coordination of User Acceptance testing of CBS new release and updates
- Support in software testing and migration to new Banking Application
- Key team player in the local application management by leveraging on technology
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties
- Ensure integrity of daily CBS backups
- Ensure availability of test servers (Core banking system, MIS, middleware)
- Ensure application-level business continuity of banking operations at any time
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of products, parameters, user rights, profiles and processes of CBS
- Minimum B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least 2 years hands-on relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Good Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 - 2012
- Windows Server Certification will be an added advantage
- Efficient use of Win SQL 2008 & 2012
- Active Directory Experience and In-depth knowledge of database
- Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
- Release/change management Experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and process-oriented approach to work
- Collaborative, consultative and customer-oriented approach
- Good written and communication skill
- Prior working experience with a Core Banking System (CBS)
- Background in microfinance, banking, accounting and/or IT
Apply here if you are interested in this role.
Start-up Business Development Manager, Emerging Markets (Africa) at Amazon
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Engaging decision-makers at startup companies to profile their specific purchasing plans and decision criteria for cloud based solutions.
- Work closely with business development and marketing to drive campaigns into specific startup market segments and regions; organize and participate in startup events to generate new startup relationships
- Generating and capturing new leads by attending startup events, leveraging the local startup eco system
- Capture, track, and advance qualified startup engagements in our CRM lead management system (Salesforce)
- Recommend the most suitable cloud solution according to the customers’ requirements and solutions
- Ensure all relationships generated are being logged tracked and managed as they mature, continuously delivering value to the startup vertical.
- Follow up on opportunities and search for additional revenue opportunities
- Generate interest and provide insight into the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential startup customers
- Evangelize the AWS Startup Program – AWS Activate and the Startup use cases within the eco-system
- Passion for technology and the startup ecosystem
- +5 years’ experience working within a technical organization or startup(s)
- +3 years inside sales, direct sales or pre-sales experience
- Excellent sales, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative
- Self-reliant, adaptable, decisive, and professional
- Able to function in a team environment
- Understanding of the life cycle and needs of startups
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and able to professionally interact with customers
- Previous experience working with startup organizations
Interested in this role. Find out more details and apply here
Digital Interns at Edubridge Consultants Limited
Job type: 3-months Internship
Application deadline: 8/8/2017
The Learn. Work. Earn project is the first step in the digital skills training and internship project by Edubridge Consultants. The goal of the workshop is to train and create direct digital job opportunities for its participants who will be exposed to on-the-job training.
This project would focus on core areas including; Content marketing, Social Media Marketing, P.P.C, Email marketing, Web development/Design, Search Engine Optimisation, Analytics and UI/UX (Graphics) Design.
Must be passionate about Digital Marketing
For more details about this job and to apply, click here
Note: The internship registration deadline has been shifted from July 28th to August 8th 2017. Successful applicants would be invited to a briefing on 10th of August 2017 while the internship would begin on August 14th, 2017.
Senior Network Administrator at AB Microfinance Bank
Application deadline: August 18, 2017
- Assist the IT Operations manager in the definition and implementation of the network architecture strategy and management
- Plan, deploy, configure and maintain router and switches, administrative responsibility for the entire networking infrastructure
- Plan detailed concept of LAN / VLAN / WAN for all bank locations via connection to ISP
- Design a network concept and create life cycle plan for network devices
- Backup and setup of network configurations
- Proactive analysis of logging data to help to prevent system down time – communicate system or network events, troubleshoots problems and ensure uptime of network devices
- Patch management for network devices
- Maintain and update documentation of network design
- Plan and configure network security within the banking network
- Manage IP-routing and network capacity
- Install and manage data center racking, cabling, power, network devices
- Transfer knowledge to IT colleagues. Provide training and support, implement process improvements when necessary
- BSc/HND in information technology or business information technology or comparable qualification
- Cognate Networking Certification(s) will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an operational IT role as a network administrator
- Evidence of sound experience and in-depth knowledge in the following;
- Network administration (up-to-date Cisco router hardware, operation system IOS, network connections), patch management, scripting, access control lists
- Cyber roam deployment
- Configuration of firewall, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- IT security tools and methods of as VPN and SSH
- Backup and recovery procedures for routers, switches and firewalls
- Problem solving, analytical and process oriented
- Disciplined approach towards daily operations and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English
- Ability to take responsibility, work on own initiative
Click here to apply if you are qualified for this role.
Looking to fill any vacancy in your company/organisation? Tell us about it by filling this form
Techpoint is conducting a survey of tech worker salary satisfaction in Nigeria. Please take just three minutes to fill this anonymous form. Thank you.