Discover available job openings this week. Check out vacancies for techies as well as openings for non-techie roles in tech companies. No deadline is specified for these roles so apply quickly if you are interested.
ICT Full Stack Developer (Intermediate & Advanced Experience Levels) – PHP / MySQL , Python at Bincom ICT
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Permanent contract
We require a full stack developer/web application developers at various levels of proficiency in PHP/MySQL development. Specific roles include:
- To assist the team in the design, development, programming, deployment, project documentations, and other tasks during various client projects.
- To research, learn and use technology including Open source solutions and online communities (including Joomla, Drupal, WordPress)
- To work with the development team on various mobile application products.
- Developer will lead the team in the design, development, programming, deployment, project documentations, and other tasks during various client projects.
- Ability to build extensions & modules based on detailed software algorithm, project specifications and/or simple instructions is required
- The ideal candidate will also be able to act on his/her own initiative and bring a wealth of experience
- Web Programming knowledge is required (PHP / MySQL preferably, Python also acceptable)
- Knowledge of Modern Frameworks ( knowledge of YII framework is a stong advantage)
- A passion for IT
- Ability to learn new skills fast
- Must be very Tech-Savvy and know a little bit about anything IT
- Previous Web Development Experience using HTML & PHP is a big advantage.
- Previous development or related IT projects to showcase is an added advantage.
Other personal competencies
- Applicants must have a passion for IT
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A can do attitude
- Innovative & creative
- Less information
This listing is a full-time job
Interested in this role? Apply here
Manager, Information Security at Etisalat
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Experience: 6 – 8 years
- Manage the planning and delivery of the Information Security program for Etisalat enterprise IT network environment covering compute, network and storage infrastructure, supported application services and databases and ensure adequate protection is achieved and maintained.
- Oversee end-to-end information security management for the IT network environment – risk assessments, planning and implementation of risk mitigation strategies and initiatives in line with best practices, continuous compliance monitoring and measurement, anchor security improvement and compliance projects, and interface with internal auditors, and enterprise risk management on all assurance matters
- Develop, manage and implement a comprehensive information security program for Etisalat enterprise IT network environment.
- Support the development, enhancement and implementation of a comprehensive security architecture, policies, standards and processes and ensure compliance across the IT network environment
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date security posture assessment for Etisalat enterprise IT network environment. Ensure a satisfactory/acceptable risk rating from independent assessments is achieved and maintained
- Conduct periodic review of the Etisalat IT network environment security management framework and ensure it is refreshed and enhanced in line with industry trends and regulatory requirements.
- Work with business units and other risk management/assurance functions (Internal Audit & Revenue Assurance) to identify gaps and non-conformities using risk assessments, business impact analysis, system vulnerability assessments and penetration tests etc. Develop and implement recommendations, action plans and strategies to address identified risks and non-conformities
- Raise the security awareness and education level of Etisalat employees (through internal bulletins, regular training and on-boarding for new hires) and IT vendor personnel
- Support security and forensic investigations and compliance reviews as requested by internal or external auditors
- Play an advisory role in application development, acquisition or delivery projects, to assess information security requirements and ensure that security controls are implemented as planned throughout the project life cycle to fulfill these requirements
- Prepare reports for management attention on residual risks, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Conduct research, assess new threats and security alerts and recommend and follow through on appropriate actions to mitigate them
- Support the evaluation, selection and delivery of information security solutions and projects.
- Interface with others teams within and outside the IT department in the process of delivering security solutions.
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers and partners to ensure effective optimization, adoption and delivery of solutions.
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the Head, Information Risk Management.
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other numerate science.
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in enterprise information security management or IP networking (planning, support) and three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Possession of relevant IT and telecommunication certification including CISA, CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISO27001 etc.
- Broad experience across the IT/network architecture stack
- Good understanding of telecommunication business and technology model.
- Good understanding of business analysis and project management methods.
- Very good conceptual and analytical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Apply here if you are interested in this role.
Business Development Manager (re:learn) at CcHub
Experience: 3-5 years
re:learn is the Education practice at CcHub, focused on helping students and schools use technology in smart ways to enhance learning. At re:learn our goal is to improve access to, and the quality of education in Nigeria. We are seeking a Business Development Manager who will drive the sales and development strategy for re:learn. Your role will involve identifying and closing sales leads to hit the target set by the unit. If you’re a highly motivated individual who loves sales and managing client relationships, we’d love to hear from you.
- Responsible for meeting sales target set by Practice Lead, with quarterly reviews
- Researching and identifying new sales leads
- Pitching services to potential clients, and following up the process of closing sales
- Arranging meetings with potential clients
- Maintaining relationships with existing clients and customers
- Attending conferences, meetings and industry events identified as beneficial to the unit
- 3-5 years work experience with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong interest in STEM Education and working in the education sector
- Self-motivated, ability to work under little supervision
What’s on Offer
- A competitive salary, based on experience.
- Health plans
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Opportunities for career growth and training
- A chance to ‘own’ your role
- An all-round fun company
To apply for this role and check out other available positions in CcHub, click here
Creative Designer (Outsourcing Position) at Huawei
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Specialization: Graphic Design
Required Experience: 1 – 3 years
Employment Type: Full Time
- Develop innovative design and smart copy timely and effectively
- Development of campaign ideas, taglines and key visual
- POSM adaptation of key visuals
- Development of Newsletters/ webmail both internally and externally
- Edit Videos from events and department activities
- Designing of events and POSM material for mini and major campaign/ activities
- Creating artwork for retail, marketing, sales, after-sales service and any other unit in the department in need of artwork
- Analyze trends and recognize fresh advertising approaches to keep with the times.
- Make swift and precise decisions on final copy, final art and finished commercials
- Prepare report on regular basis.
- Curiosity & passion for Telcom & Mobile industry (a must).
- Excellent coordination & communication skills for internal & external.
- Good Knowledge of Video editing, AI , PS, Corel draw, Newsletters, webmail
- Providing artwork for reference
- Strong understanding of copywriting
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Rich experience on advertising campaigns, marketing messages and developing trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and Power Point) and Google Office productivity tools.
- Willingness to take challenge, meet deadline under pressure and the ability to multitask
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience in creative agency, multinational company is highly preferred
- Creative designs, Public Relations, Mass Communications, Marketing or any other field supported by relevant experience.
- Professional certification in Graphic Design or related field is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years graphic designer/ creative director experience is required for this role.
Trainee Developer – Internship (PHP/MySQL) at Bincom ICT (March 2017)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Level: Trainee / Student
Employment type: Contract / Interim
This is a short term internship ( 6 months – 1 year contract) position. Suitable for industrial attachment (minimum 6 months), NYSC and Fresh Graduates
To assist the team in the design, development, programming, deployment, project documentations, and other tasks during various client projects.
- A passion for IT
- Computer-related course of study is an advantage.
- Previous Web Experience is an advantage. (HTML, CSS, etc)
- Basic knowledge of PHP & MySQL is an advantage
Accepted persons will be given an automatic FULL scholarship to Bincom Academy PHP/MySQL Class
Please read and understand the basics of HTML, CSS, MySQL and PHP before you attempt to apply. Use “W3schools” as your starting point.
This listing is a part-time job
Interested in this role? Apply here
On January 27, 2021, Techpoint Africa will be hosting the brightest minds in decentralised finance/crypto at the Digital Currency Summit tagged “Building the money of the future” Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship.
Report: Millionaire West African startups” raised over $1.806 billion between 2010 and 2019, 97.9% of which went to Nigerian startups. Get a free overview and 50% purchase discount here.
Listen to Built in Africa, a podcast by Techpoint Africa
Writer. Interested in EdTech and tech careers