The IDEA Acceleration Programme is a 14-week sprint consisting of 3 modules (Design, Build, Pitch) which get startups to launch, to grow market share, and to raise funding.
The programme consists of 14 mentor-led sessions, one of which holds every week. After each session, IDEA staff work with you to incorporate new thinking into your execution plans and operational practice.
Experienced mentors, who look to impart knowledge, share experience, facilitate access and drive business performance, lead the sessions. We rely on mentors who have achieved outstanding business performance in Nigeria, while leading large organisations or creating their own very successful businesses. We now rely on a pool of over 80 expert mentors.
Our mentors, work with IDEA staff, our board and our partners to create a network of resources to help your team succeed. The simple objective of the IDEA Acceleration Programme is to let you focus on running your business better, while providing you with many resources to help you succeed faster.
We take a 6% stake in startups accepted into the programme, in exchange for the benefits of the programme.
As a not-for-profit organisation, IDEA’s main motivation is to help you succeed, in line with our mission of helping Nigerian ICT entrepreneurs create successful businesses. The culmination of our Accelerator Programme is Demo Day, an event where we present startups finishing the programme to investors, and the larger ecosystem.
Our relationship with out startups does not end with the programme. We stay in touch and provide support when we can on an on-going basis.
- Mentors work with you to refine your value offering and your product, and help you overcome friction and inertia to get to your vision faster.
- The programme provides discipline and feedback to help you maintain focus and effectiveness as you execute your plan.
- Our network helps you fill the gaps in your knowledge, skills, resources, reach and access.
- IDEA works with you like a co-founder or early board member to provide support and validation.
- The programme gives you access to our network of Venture Capital partners, Angel investors, and other financiers for whom we act as a trusted finder.
- We give a grant of $10,000 to help cover your expenses, while in the programme.
- We provide free dedicated space for four people, as well as a 45mbps internet connection, training programmes, business support (legal, accounting, tax, PR & marketing and HR), technical support (reviews, validation and feedback), facilitated access, as well as network of people and resources around our activities.
You can Apply now. Application ends by July 8th, 2015
NEW REPORT: Nigerian startups raised $28.35m in Q2 2020; only about 4.5% of that came from local investors. Find out more in the full report.
Introducing the Built in Africa podcast, which spotlights African startups, innovators and everything that makes them tick. Listen and subscribe here.
Techpoint Build 2020 is holding virtually in August. Register free now to attend.